hello,

first of all, thanks a lot for porting qtm 1.2 to fremantle.

im using qtm 1.2 with the currect qtsdk (installed via xdpkg) but i get a segfault when trying to access QBluetoothLocalDevice->address(). Im assuming, i got a version mismatch somehow since i got a bit confused by the versions.

Extras-devel features "tp" and "fn" versions. I assume, "fn" is final while "tp" is tech preview? so id go with "fn". but then again, there is "tp1-0fn". is that newer than the "0fn"-only version? the date suggest this is true, but i got "0fn-3" installed and manually installing the "tp1-0fn-13" version (which i assume is the most current?) gave me warnings about downgrading.

can you please tell me, which version the most stable and newest is? also, does it rely on some special version of qt? whats the most recent/stable there, i should go with?

i do understand that especially the bluetooth parts might be broken, but it states they rely on bluez, which is used in fremantle AND harmattan. Did anybody get bluetooth running? any other hints/tipps to get qtm-1.2 setup and ready? any help is highly appreciated!

thanks

EDIT: actually got it figured out myself. Dont have the time to go into details, but basically what i did: get the maemo 5 sdk (based on scratchbox 1), get the mobility master from git (1.2.1 currently), compile, work through errors, make install, copy the headers/libs to my QtSDK/sysroot/opt, place in .pro file, copy libs to device, set ld.conf and so far it works great. The version seems a lot more stable.

i have no clue of wrapping up the .debs for extras-devel, attila77 mind firing up your build-env just once more? its worth it and people will definately benefit greatly. thanks a lot!

Last edited by x29a; 2011-08-30 at 12:49.

The Following User Says Thank You to x29a For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
TP (as part of the version string) is techpreview, FN (as part of the release string) is Forum Nokia (nowadays Nokia Developer), so the version *without* TP is the newer one.

I usually follow releases, but I am aware that a lot has happened in master since the last update so am certainly willing to make a new iteration (though I won't push till extras until the trolls actually tag a 1.2.1 release). Will probably make a corresponding 1.1.4 release, too. I'm in the process of reinstalling my box so don't hold i against me if getting the packages takes a couple of days...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to attila77 For This Useful Post:
hey attila, i dont think anybody holds anything against you and everybody appreciates your work greatly. thanks for beeing on top of this and thanks for your explanation.

The Following User Says Thank You to x29a For This Useful Post:
New Version of Qt SDK should include QtMobility 1.2 - but dropped support for Maemo.

http://labs.qt.nokia.com/2011/09/01/...other-updates/

So updating the components like QtCreator and QT works, but it wont add the libs for Maemo Mobility. Still relying on the work done here then. Just an Info for people wondering.

Preferred way (if not building the API yourself) is, afaik:

http://www.developer.nokia.com/Commu...Mobility_1.2.0

with the packages hopefully beeing updated from time to time.

attila77: with the 1.2.1 build, the n900 accelerometer doesnt seem to work anymore. Maybe im not setting it up correctly, but when using your 1.2 built lib, it outputs sensordata just fine. be prepared

Posts: 2 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
QtMobility.location 1.2 declarative segfaults application when added dynamic map object. Map.addMapObject(<MapImage id outside map item>) causes segfault immediately. What is correct way to add map objects from model or should this be fixed?

I am using latest libqtm-12 packages.

Originally Posted by x29a View Post
New Version of Qt SDK should include QtMobility 1.2 - but dropped support for Maemo.
Let's get a few things straight:

a) the SDK is a bundle of targets (with their respective libraries), toolchains and the IDE

b) the SDK *itself* does not contain any version of mobility - the Simulator, Symbian, Maemo, etc, targets do (which in turn means that you can't install Maemo without getting the mobility libs)

c) the versions of libraries in different targets have nothing to do with each other. By default, Maemo has QtMobility 1.0.2, Symbian has 1.1.3, and Harmattan+Simulator have 1.2

d) no support was dropped, the only change is that on new installs, Maemo is not a target enabled by default to save on download sizes, you can still get it from the on-line installer (or through the updater).

Thus when you see "QtMobility 1.2 support in the SDK" in reality that means Simulator support, documentation, etc (not the actual libraries)

attila77: with the 1.2.1 build, the n900 accelerometer doesnt seem to work anymore. Maybe im not setting it up correctly, but when using your 1.2 built lib, it outputs sensordata just fine. be prepared
Eeek. Will pay attention.

The Following User Says Thank You to attila77 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by fjutah View Post
QtMobility.location 1.2 declarative segfaults application when added dynamic map object. Map.addMapObject(<MapImage id outside map item>) causes segfault immediately. What is correct way to add map objects from model or should this be fixed?

I am using latest libqtm-12 packages.
There should be a 1.2.1 mobility update coming shortly, I would recommend waiting a bit a then trying with that - if it persists, file a bugreport on the qt bugzilla

The Following User Says Thank You to attila77 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 28 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Tampere, Finland
(It would be nice to know what "shortly" is in practice -- for some it may mean a week or two, for others, a month or two.)

Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 1,916 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Edmonton, AB
Well, he said "should" and "shortly" in the same sentence... That basically means a week or two, unless it takes a month or two!

fmradio doesnt work anymore with the latest version.

Tags
bluetooth, nfc-api, qtmobility