Notices

Hi,
tried searching this but didnt found solution. Personally, there is no use/need for lockscreen.
For example, you lock the device and then push power button -> lock screen appears. If U slide the keyboard -> no lock screen.

So, I would appreciate if someone has info how to disable lock screen -> power-button push when locked opens the display?
Thanks.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to andreas1 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 1,127 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Amsterdam
AFAIK you can only change the settings for display to get to that behavior, kind of... See for yourself if this would be sufficient:

Go to settings -> display, -> disable "lock screen automatically" and set the "backlight time out" to something convenient. If the screen simply times out, as opposed to manually switching it off to lock the device, your screen should turn on with a simple double-tap and take you directly to the desktops. Does not work when you do it manually.

The Following User Says Thank You to anthonie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,417 | Thanked: 2,619 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Touring
Originally Posted by anthonie View Post
Go to settings -> display, -> disable "lock screen automatically" and set the "backlight time out" to something convenient.
A bit off topic but I think there was a way to temporarily disable the screen saver entirely but I can't remember it. I am using my phone with eCoach and I like to see my heart rate to maintain intensity over the workout but the backlight times out and it is a pain to fumble with a phone every ~120 seconds when on a bike. How do, for instance, the GPS apps keep the backlight on and screen active without timing out?
(edit)
Answered my own ???
http://maemo.org/downloads/product/M...htness-applet/

Last edited by biketool; 2013-05-31 at 12:23.

The Following User Says Thank You to biketool For This Useful Post:
How much do you want pay for this feature? 1€? 5€? 10€? Even more? I'm willing to learn how to do it, and I'm gathering money for one more spare N900.

Last edited by AapoRantalainen; 2013-06-04 at 11:47.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AapoRantalainen For This Useful Post:
Announcement: lockscreendisabler on extras-devel.

It is small program running background (=demon) without any visibility. It is listening D-Bus when powerbutton is pressed, then it asks screen to unlock itself (again with dbus).

Because dbus is slow, you can easily see your lockscreen before it is gone.

Seems to work with qtlockscreen and enhanced-lockscreen as well (but I don't know who wants tune lockscreen and then disable it).

Known issues: If power button is pressed very soon after screen is locked -> screen is unlocked AND power button menu is opened.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to AapoRantalainen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,236 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
that was quick AapoRantalinen.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to panjgoori For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by AapoRantalainen View Post
Announcement: lockscreendisabler on extras-devel.

It is small program running background (=demon) without any visibility. It is listening D-Bus when powerbutton is pressed, then it asks screen to unlock itself (again with dbus).

Because dbus is slow, you can easily see your lockscreen before it is gone.

Seems to work with qtlockscreen and enhanced-lockscreen as well (but I don't know who wants tune lockscreen and then disable it).

Known issues: If power button is pressed very soon after screen is locked -> screen is unlocked AND power button menu is opened.
That could help you a bit :
http://gitorious.org/community-ssu/osso-systemui-tklock

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Hey, couldnt find the app in extras-devel even enabling all packages. Are my repos possibly wrong or is there some n00bishness that I cant get?

In tweakr-app, there was messing with the power button, just not this feature. Or maybe the stuff that it did is just totally separated from this.

Anyways, thanks for the efforts.

Edit: found the app. It would be good to have the double tap to lock the device which seems to be gone, nevertheless very good!

Last edited by andreas1; 2013-06-04 at 20:34.

The Following User Says Thank You to andreas1 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
That could help you a bit :
http://gitorious.org/community-ssu/osso-systemui-tklock
Can't compile it, 38870e119588f7729a4541f75797b0ed7f666e99
relocation R_ARM_THM_MOVW_ABS_NC against `a local symbol' can not be used when making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC
/tmp/ccoeqbL8.o: could not read symbols: Bad value
Adding -fPIC to Makefile solves.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AapoRantalainen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,103 | Thanked: 368 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ india, indore
BTW i am using "power lock" that disable lock screen ,only you have to press onetime power key and your phone unlocked!

get your smooth live wallpaper today
My YouTube videos

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nicholes For This Useful Post:

Tags
lockscreen, nokia n900