Notices

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by qwazix View Post
Did that N9wallpaper website shown really exist?
IIRC when I got my N9 and navigated there it just re-directed to swipe.nokia.com

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 710 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Beirut, Lebanon
Originally Posted by qwazix View Post
Did that N9wallpaper website shown really exist?
You can open that website (precisely that website) at nokian9wallpapers.com
But yes, it used to be n9wallpapers.com only.. I don't know when and how did it change to http://www.nokian9wallpapers.com

Originally Posted by Dave999
I will vote AMD for president next time if I'm having any shares during next meeting.

Do good for a human being and like my art page!

The Following User Says Thank You to AMD For This Useful Post:
Posts: 329 | Thanked: 422 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ derpton
Wait... Why would the create screenshots and then string them together when it's relatively easy to add those circles later with some video editing?

The Following User Says Thank You to herpderp For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Originally Posted by herpderp View Post
Wait... Why would the create screenshots and then string them together when it's relatively easy to add those circles later with some video editing?
How to explain... [I have no experience in video editing] To create such a video, I see two different ways:
1. film a movie of real, new, spotless device touched by real person (and cut out any fingers or hands so that they would not be seen, and add these circles manually later as a guide to show where the fingers touched the screen);
2. create a computer 3D-model of the device (maybe, based on high-quality photographs of the device in ideal condition), film a screencast at the device (with debugging-style circles-dots included), and mishmash the rotating 3D model with the screencast so that it would look like a video shot in a dustless space with invisible fingers touching the screen.
The latter can be higher-quality because, unlike the former, it would not require cutting out the imperfections of real world. But the latter also requires attention and precision from the designer of the video. It also might make adding special effects easier.
Of course, it is possible to add those circles with video editing. But it's time-consuming, boring, tiresome work - and it is so much easier if these circles are added automatically. Besides, having these circles turned on all the time could be a nice accessibility feature - to confirm that you have, indeed, touched the screen, clicked it, or double-clicked it. I had once opened about two dozens of MicroB browsers just because of impatiently clicking a link and not knowing whether the click registered or not.
Best wishes. Thank you.

Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
I think it's neither of the two. My take is that the video was created entirely in a movie editing software using the assets from the N900 themes. You'll notice that the device doesn't respond as it does in real life (see notification animation or where the added contact widget appears on the desktop).

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

The Following User Says Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
That is common on N950; its a debugging tool IIRC...
Thanks for this hint!

I have an N9, and suddenly I got these 2 blue circles and for every action I needed to make a double touch instead of a simple touch.
(It happened while playing with x11vnc...)

The whole ergonomics has changed. Even after a reboot, the 2 circles were still there.

Thanks to your hint, I've found the solution: turn off the developer mode, then turn it back on.

Peter

The Following User Says Thank You to pmrb For This Useful Post: