Notices

Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
Originally Posted by Kozzi View Post
qwazix, your deb is probably for N900 only? Or is it for N9 also?
This is N900 only, yes.

Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
Do you plan to start integration with embedLite API? I can provide mozconfig for Fremantle if you wish (or could commit it on github)
Two things about that.
1. I want to finish simple interactions (back/forward), menus and dialogs with the WebKit engine since it works nicely on the Qt Simulator and this speeds the development quite a lot.
2. I have trouble setting up the thumb toolchain on sb with the repos down. Mirrors give me weird errors with gzip and things and I'd rather wait for them to be back up.

EDIT:
BTW what additional SW I need on the device to test the deb?
obviously you got that, but I reply for other people, that you need marxian's hildon qtcomponents posted a few posts back, and their dependencies

EDIT2:

OMG, that is fast (on the device). I hope it will keep that speed with embedLite. Though I still don't like the idea of havig hildon-status-menu duplicated . Edit made on the device, running hildonComponentTest
The hildon status menu doesn't need to be duplicated. I decided to do that so that I implement my idea of navigation. When there is a first robust version, I am thinking of creating an alternative with the native hildon title bar and the address bar on the bottom just like MicroB. The only obstacle I can think of is that the main application menu will have to be re-implemented in QtWidget instead of QML but that's not a hard thing to do. The alternative UI's can be either decided on runtime or compile time.

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by qwazix View Post
The hildon status menu doesn't need to be duplicated. I decided to do that so that I implement my idea of navigation. When there is a first robust version, I am thinking of creating an alternative with the native hildon title bar and the address bar on the bottom just like MicroB. The only obstacle I can think of is that the main application menu will have to be re-implemented in QtWidget instead of QML but that's not a hard thing to do. The alternative UI's can be either decided on runtime or compile time.
The problem is that rendering performance is poor for QML when not in fullscreen. That's the reason for using fullscreen in Qt Components Hildon. Otherwise I would prefer to use showNormal() and find/implement a way to show the application menu in QML.

My website

GitHub

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
@IIRC it is not that bad if one disables composition

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following User Says Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post: