Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by chenliangchen View Post
I have to have dalvik support, not everything and every service supports web page. Also I need HERE and MS exchange as well. If Fairphone doesn't go official, Intex is the only choice at the moment. So I do bother.
I don't cause my Jolla still works why the heck should I buy a new device just because someone announce a new phone.

The thing is I am so sick of consuming world. We are all stupid *****s in western countrys

Got so sick when I saw yet another documentary yesterday how the banks own us cause they want us to consume as hell so 1% of the people gets even more reach asholes when the most poor people doesnt even have money to buy food

And in the same time we angry on the poor people outside the shops when we should instead be more angry at the bank people

Atleast Fair phone could be one of those companies that do think different in the future. We cant continue consuming like crazy asholes. We are not more happy just because we get new damn toys every month!

Because the thing is we don't need a new mobile every damn year. As long as my Jolla works I will use it and next time I go Fair phone and just hope it will have support for SFOS.

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2016-03-01 at 19:01.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
I have doubts about my Jolla lasting very long, screen lamination has already been showing signs of detaching. Fairphone might do it, I like the idea. What I don't like is the thickness of over 1 cm and overall big size of the device. Too bad there doesn't seem to be compact high end phones except iPhones these days.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to JulmaHerra For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
I don't cause my Jolla still works why the heck should I buy a new device just because someone announce a new phone.

The thing is I am so sick of consuming world. We are all stupid *****s in western countrys

Got so sick when I saw yet another documentary yesterday how the banks own us cause they want us to consume as hell so 1% of the people gets even more reach asholes when the most poor people doesnt even have money to buy food

And in the same time we angry on the poor people outside the shops when we should instead be more angry at the bank people

Atleast Fair phone could be one of those companies that do think different in the future. We cant continue consuming like crazy asholes. We are not more happy just because we get new damn toys every month!

Because the thing is we don't need a new mobile every damn year. As long as my Jolla works I will use it and next time I go Fair phone and just hope it will have support for SFOS.
Look, warranty is over, it's 2016 people! People might worry about longevity of the phone with company almost bankrupt just before the warranty ran out, now that it has jolla is feeling better, users worse. We will not solve world hunger by not ordering an intex phone to possibly have as a backup, I wish we did, but really unlikely

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by JulmaHerra View Post
I have doubts about my Jolla lasting very long, screen lamination has already been showing signs of detaching. Fairphone might do it, I like the idea. What I don't like is the thickness of over 1 cm and overall big size of the device. Too bad there doesn't seem to be compact high end phones except iPhones these days.
1cm? wow, hope they hide a hw keyboard and VR headset in there, if they get full support might skip intex, n900 was also fairly broad-shouldered

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
Well ranted.
Only the 2 Gig Memory and brighter screen are tempting as hell, concidering original Jollas oom handling and unreadability in sunlight.
I sincerly hope modular phone design will have "killer features" over nowadays throwaway phones, so every maker has to adopt one day.
Fairphone becoming a financial success would be so cool.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by szopin View Post
Originally Posted by JulmaHerra View Post
1cm? wow, hope they hide a hw keyboard and VR headset in there, if they get full support might skip intex, n900 was also fairly broad-shouldered
Actually that is not very far off the mark. IIRC Fairphone also has TOH-type pogo pins or some connector on the backcover that enables extension HW like a HWKBD to be connected...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 889 | Thanked: 2,087 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Manchester

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mrsellout For This Useful Post:
Posts: 943 | Thanked: 3,228 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Zagreb
it's just 1mm thicker than jolla, not that it makes much of a difference.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kinggo For This Useful Post:
Wohoo, nice price...im am really thinking of buying one if possible....!

My N900 seems to getting old...more and more homepages does not work correct, updates are getting more and more rare...not to talk about the bad/half ports or lack of modern software...I hope the situation on Sailfish is better, I am going to find out more about Sailfish the next days.

Anyhow, the price under 100€ looks REALLY interesting....at the end I think it should be under 150 with taxes and importing at all...hopefully.

Great news.........

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Micha1982 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 141 | Thanked: 359 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Italy
I do not get this fetish about thin phones. There is a point where going slimmer does not get users any advantage, and it has quite a few disadvantages:
* less volume for the battery, you will need to keep recharging the phone every day
* less space for optics in the camera, pictures will look worse than they could
* the phone assembly will be less rigid, welcome bent devices and cracked screens

Everybody I know who bought these thin large phones, ended up putting them in silicone sleeves or cases, anyway...

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to mikelima For This Useful Post:

Tags
india, scamfish