You guys should probably remove the Imei from the pictures..
Siemens S55 -> Nokia 6210 -> Sony Erricson K750i -> HTC Hermes 300/MDA Vario 2 -> Nokia N78 -> Samsung Galaxy S1 -> Samsung Galaxy Nexus -> Nokia N9 (cyan/16gb) -> Jolla 1 -> iPhone 5S -> Xiaomi RedMi Note 2 Pro -> Nokia N900² -> iPhone SE, gave up all hope.

The Following User Says Thank You to N912 For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by N912 View Post
You guys should probably remove the Imei from the pictures..
And then again, there's really no need for that.
Could you please explain to me why do you think there's some problem with telling people what is the IMEI of your device?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
And then again, there's really no need for that.
Could you please explain to me why do you think there's some problem with telling people what is the IMEI of your device?
One might report your device stolen, using your IMEI, which could/will result in a lock of your device. One, which can unlock, as you are the real owner of this device, but why should you risk the hassle in the first place?

It's also possible to, change the IMEI of a stolen device to the one of a not stolen device, thus making the stolen device easier to sell online.
Siemens S55 -> Nokia 6210 -> Sony Erricson K750i -> HTC Hermes 300/MDA Vario 2 -> Nokia N78 -> Samsung Galaxy S1 -> Samsung Galaxy Nexus -> Nokia N9 (cyan/16gb) -> Jolla 1 -> iPhone 5S -> Xiaomi RedMi Note 2 Pro -> Nokia N900² -> iPhone SE, gave up all hope.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to N912 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Originally Posted by N912 View Post
One might report your device stolen, using your IMEI, which could/will result in a lock of your device. One, which can unlock, as you are the real owner of this device, but why should you risk the hassle in the first place?
Are you "Turkey"?
Here in Germany no single provider cares about IMEI and you trying to lock / get it back

It's also possible to, change the IMEI of a stolen device to the one of a not stolen device, thus making the stolen device easier to sell online.
True, but ...

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
Are you "Turkey"?
Here in Germany no single provider cares about IMEI and you trying to lock / get it back
No, Iam Germany.

They do not? I've always been told, that they do...oh well..

Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
True, but ...
Although quite unlikely with an old device like this, I wouldn't take the risk.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to N912 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 166 | Thanked: 454 times | Joined on Apr 2015 @ Poland
The mention of hiding IMEI reminded me about those dozens of threads regarding signing applications for Symbian.
Multi-page threads full of IMEIs all around the world.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mp107 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mp107 View Post
The mention of hiding IMEI reminded me about those dozens of threads regarding signing applications for Symbian.
And unlocking threads

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tommo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mp107 View Post
I remember using opda for generating my developer certificate.
In hindsight this might`ve also been a risky move...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to N912 For This Useful Post: