Title says it all. First, we'll have to see if Nokia will support the N9. If not, will we be able to port it?

Posts: 545 | Thanked: 560 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ lebanon
No

10 chars ..

The Following User Says Thank You to myname24 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 45 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Helsinki
lil

....lol

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
according to Nokia the current offering on Symbian is competent enough and doesn't need any further upgrades so hence the same is even more true for Harmattan...

Here is simply a rebrand of existing products on WP... So nothing actually innovative or new...

If you say ios is getting an app so maybe something there then also you are covered as that app is simply a html5 app in a c++ wrapper...in short its m.here.net wrapped in c++; you can access m.here.net on your n9 browser...

Therefore, there is nothing new in Here that we wont be having... Maybe some extras that are available only Lumia will be missing...

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Nokia Here.... such a stupid name! Im perfectly happy with the maps the N9 comes with.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mohannad For This Useful Post:
It supported my N9, the browser version anyway. It even told me to add a shortcut to my home screen for easy access. So I did.

Support by Maemo.org now

What are the services included in Nokia Here again? Maps, Pulse, Drive...?

The Following User Says Thank You to Akkumaru For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
according to Nokia the current offering on Symbian is competent enough and doesn't need any further upgrades so hence the same is even more true for Harmattan...

Here is simply a rebrand of existing products on WP... So nothing actually innovative or new...

If you say ios is getting an app so maybe something there then also you are covered as that app is simply a html5 app in a c++ wrapper...in short its m.here.net wrapped in c++; you can access m.here.net on your n9 browser...

Therefore, there is nothing new in Here that we wont be having... Maybe some extras that are available only Lumia will be missing...
lol, I am more concerned on Nokia Drive 3.0 release on N9 rather than this Nokia Here.

The Following User Says Thank You to soryuuha For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by soryuuha View Post
lol, I am more concerned on Nokia Drive 3.0 release on N9 rather than this Nokia Here.
Its not going to happen from what we can see...If Symbian has no updates planned there is fat hope for Harmattan...

I think Nokia Drive will be renamed to Here Drive from what I understand...Not very sure though...