Active Topics

FYI, saw this sale at amazon for the iGo Stowaway Ultra-Slim Bluetooth Keyboard - 29.99 shipped! seems like a reasonable keyboard alternative .
one thread had the following as different name labels for this device "iGo/Thinkoutside Stowaway/Dell Stowaway Ultra/Palm"

http://www.amazon.com/Stowaway-Ultra...684657-6642053

The Following User Says Thank You to klancast For This Useful Post:
Posts: 231 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on May 2007 @ Singapore
I believe that one doesn't work with the N800/770.

This one will.

The one you posted is for blackberry, and won't work with the tablet. But i may be wrong.

EDIT: Okay, maybe I am wrong.

The Following User Says Thank You to torx For This Useful Post:
Isn't that exactly the same model?

One of the reviews actually goes a little into how to pair it with an N800. Not complete instructions, but it shows it can be done.

Posts: 114 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Somewhere, most of the time.
I ordered one of these, suppose to get it by this Wednesday. Hopefully it will work, either way I will try to post the results.

From my readings, both models work. One person states that he prefers this (Sonoma) model than Sierra. I just ordered one yesterday.

I ordered an N800 (from Buy.com) and this keyboard (from Amazon.com) yesterday.

I assumed Amazon's "iGo Stowaway Ultra-Slim Bluetooth Keyboard for Blackberry and other PDA/ Handhelds" will work based on this post:

http://www.mobileplanet.com/r.aspx?i=113674&r=4015

Let me know when you get it working and if there's a problem.

I've just 'paired' an Igo ultra-slim keyboard (Thinkoutside model XTBT01) with my Nokia N800. I had a bit of trouble getting the Igo to transmit the number code, but I think that was due to my unfamiliarity with how to enter numbers rather than any problem with either device. The two devices recognised each other without having to download a specific driver -- now, if I can just get the keyboard paired with my trust Sony-Ericsson 610i I'll be a happy boy!

Posts: 114 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Somewhere, most of the time.
Originally Posted by davemack View Post
I've just 'paired' an Igo ultra-slim keyboard (Thinkoutside model XTBT01) with my Nokia N800. I had a bit of trouble getting the Igo to transmit the number code, but I think that was due to my unfamiliarity with how to enter numbers rather than any problem with either device. The two devices recognised each other without having to download a specific driver -- now, if I can just get the keyboard paired with my trust Sony-Ericsson 610i I'll be a happy boy!
Are you using OS2007 or the beta OS2008?

Shoot, I ordered that one also (the one that specifically mentions blackberry). I can see that they haven't shipped it, so I can cancel if someone will confirm that this one specifically doesn't work with the N800. Anyone?