Posts: 1,310 | Thanked: 820 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Irving, TX
I have tried to place SIP calls to other Gizmoproject (sipphone) members using the new N800 and its new Gizmo version with bad success: The Audio I can hear back is only garbage.

If I call to echo test the audio is fine. If I call to a landline phone the audio is fine.

The problem only exist when I make SIP calls to my friends who have HW SIP phones: Grandstream family Budgetone 100, Handytone 486, GXP-2000. They all give same results... If I call their phone IPKall assigned landline number, the audio is fine again...

If I call to the same numbers and HW devices using the PC Windows client of Gizmo the audio is fine.

I have tried this now at least on three different physical networks: One in Texas, one in JFK airport, and one in a hotel room in northern europe... makes no difference. (This is to rule out any router caused issues?)

So, I have figured that the audio codec the Grandstream HW phones use (ALAW, ULAW) are not handled well with N800 Gizmo client. However, I *think* the 770 version on 770 did work fine on these situations? I tried to install 770 client on N800 but it does not work at all: I could not hear voice at all when calling Echo test, for example.

Anybody any ideas?

Posts: 1,310 | Thanked: 820 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Irving, TX
Just an update that I was able to make a succesfull call to a grandstream GXP-2000 phone yesterday. After that I tried to call another friend who has BT-102 phone, but that was not working...

The difference is that the GXP-2000 phone was not behind NAT router while the BT-102 was. I can try later today to call one more BT-102 phone that is not behind NAT, to see if that makes a difference. However, I can make calls to either phone (behind NAT or not) from Windows Gizmo client... so it is not only a NAT setup issue on their end?

In addition I have updated to the newest Gizmo client, released early February.

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 737 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Helsinki
Does N800 support the upnp for the home routers? The one where client computer can request router to map temporarily a port to this device. I'm certain windows supports that, so that might be the reason.