Posts: 172 | Thanked: 628 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Albuquerque, NM, USA
Originally Posted by r0kk3rz View Post
geez guys just set up the cross compilation toolkit, compiling on device is fine for small things...
Yeah. Sadly my laptop only has a small ssd. I barely had enough space to build firefox. Chromium is even worse in that regard, and i doubt anything i have available can get it done. Someone else will have to package it.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to preflex For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by preflex View Post
Yeah. Sadly my laptop only has a small ssd. I barely had enough space to build firefox. Chromium is even worse in that regard, and i doubt anything i have available can get it done. Someone else will have to package it.
Did you build an rpm for firefox-wayland? I've started collecting dependencies for it on Mer-OBS

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to r0kk3rz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 172 | Thanked: 628 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Albuquerque, NM, USA
I was building for archlinux,x86_64 and it had problems packaging. Building for arm will take a while.

Building for mer would be a good idea, but there's likely to be issues with keyboard support.

I'm expecting some replacements for my Nexus 4 later today. I'll be busy tomorrow, but I should have plenty of time to hack around with stuff on Thursday.

Last edited by preflex; 2018-05-08 at 22:52.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to preflex For This Useful Post:
Posts: 163 | Thanked: 279 times | Joined on Feb 2017 @ Tbilisi, Georgia (caucasus)
Originally Posted by preflex View Post
I was building for archlinux,x86_64 and it had problems packaging. Building for arm will take a while.

Building for mer would be a good idea, but there's likely to be issues with keyboard support.

I'm expecting some replacements for my Nexus 4 later today. I'll be busy tomorrow, but I should have plenty of time to hack around with stuff on Thursday.
Do you have any new build of arch chroot for nexus 5? Maybe with fixed rotation? I repaired my nexus 5 and also bought nexus 4 to play again with Sailfish. I want to somehow transfer my nexus screen to display like ubuntu touch can so i have all in phone PC

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to matemana For This Useful Post:
Posts: 163 | Thanked: 279 times | Joined on Feb 2017 @ Tbilisi, Georgia (caucasus)
I installed archchroot on my nexus 5 and i can't use internet in arch chroot. It does not resolve hostnames too. Although it does work great on nexus 4 using 2.0.5.6 but on nexus 5 i have 2.1.3.7 SFOS

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to matemana For This Useful Post:
Posts: 119 | Thanked: 217 times | Joined on Feb 2015 @ Poland
Originally Posted by matemana View Post
I installed archchroot on my nexus 5 and i can't use internet in arch chroot. It does not resolve hostnames too.
Have you checked /etc/resolv.conf?

you can try this command(run as root[sudo, etc]:
Code:
echo nameserver 8.8.8.8 > /etc/resolv.conf

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to badpixel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 387 | Thanked: 707 times | Joined on May 2015 @ Italy
Originally Posted by matemana View Post
I installed archchroot on my nexus 5 and i can't use internet in arch chroot. It does not resolve hostnames too. Although it does work great on nexus 4 using 2.0.5.6 but on nexus 5 i have 2.1.3.7 SFOS
Off topic: have you tried to install Alien Dalvik on the new SF on the Nexus 5 with the latest rpms?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to claustn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 479 | Thanked: 1,284 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Enschede, The Netherlands
Originally Posted by badpixel View Post
Have you checked /etc/resolv.conf?

you can try this command(run as root[sudo, etc]:
Code:
echo nameserver 8.8.8.8 > /etc/resolv.conf
That's Google's DNS server. You could use CloudFlare's server, at 1.1.1.1. At least they claim to be much more privacy friendly. They also claim to be faster.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzillogic For This Useful Post:
Posts: 237 | Thanked: 502 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Mittelfranken, Germany
Originally Posted by Fuzzillogic View Post
That's Google's DNS server. You could use CloudFlare's server, at 1.1.1.1. At least they claim to be much more privacy friendly. They also claim to be faster.
They might claim to, but they have other issues it seems
https://bgpstream.com/event/138295

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Amboss For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Jul 2014 @ Guangzhou,China
Great Job!

The Following User Says Thank You to 0312birdzhang For This Useful Post: