resized png

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TMavica For This Useful Post:
Posts: 446 | Thanked: 207 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Austria/Germany
I sent it to Msameer...
Maybe he will use it in the sailfish build

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mcbook For This Useful Post:
Posts: 605 | Thanked: 1,778 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by bennypr0fane View Post
Actually, I haven't seen it turn either blue nor red, it always remains white? Anyway this jittering thing happened only for this one subject with the book, where the focus box starts dancing around.
Maybe this is actually the problem of the face recognition not working, and it thinks the objects on the book cover are faces.
I'm attaching the picture, hope this works.

Btw latest fixes work great!
One more question: why is there no 8Mpx mode?
I don't think it's face detection but you never know. Most likely what happened is that android camera HAL barfed somehow. I will try to see if I can reproduce that.
EDIT: I created an issue here so I won't forget: https://gitorious.org/projects/cameraplus/issues/30

8 megapixels is the maimum sensor resolution. You will find it in 4:3 aspect ratio

Last edited by MSameer; 2014-06-09 at 23:14.

Good work and collaboration on the icon guys

I will try to add it to the next release.

The Following User Says Thank You to MSameer For This Useful Post:
Posts: 466 | Thanked: 335 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by MSameer View Post
Good work and collaboration on the icon guys

I will try to add it to the next release.
I like the one from Caprico better because it's flat and fits in better with the overall Jolla icons look.

Posts: 466 | Thanked: 335 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by MSameer View Post
I don't think it's face detection but you never know. Most likely what happened is that android camera HAL barfed somehow. I will try to see if I can reproduce that.
EDIT: I created an issue here so I won't forget: https://gitorious.org/projects/cameraplus/issues/30
1. I can reproduce the same behavior by pointing the viewfinder at any picture of faces, or things that may look like faces. I'm guessing that the letter-cube-thingies on the book cover are also mistaken for faces.

8 megapixels is the maimum sensor resolution. You will find it in 4:3 aspect ratio
2. Why is the 8mpx resolution only available for 4:3 aspect ratio?

3. I found another "bug" (or two):
- when you shoot a video and preview it, you get three buttons: share, delete, and go to gallery. this button takes you straight to the photo section of the gallery, regardless of whether a photo or a video was being previewed. It would make more sense for it to either go to the Gallery front page or to video/photo section according to what was being previewed.
- If I go to Gallery through that button in CameraPlus, I can go back to Gallery fromt page, but then I can't get back into any of the three sections (photo, video, ambience), the buttons don't react.

4. feature request: add a resolution lower than VGA to video mode, like QVGA (320x240), WQVGA (400x240), HVGA (480x320).
The idea is to be able to send the resulting video via IM apps like Whatsapp, Threema etc. I think Threema has a 25MB limit, Whatsapp is lower. I shot a 25sec. video at VGA res. which is 29,8MB, so it's not easy to get below the required limit with VGA res.

Originally Posted by caprico View Post
Here's another idea for the flat Sailfish OS icon theme which I created when cameraplus came up. This is just a first sketch/idea since I haven't have time to work on it. So it needs some fine tuning

If there's interest in such an icon (especially from the developer himself), please show and feel free to bring in your ideas. Of course every element/colour can be changed.
I don't know how I missed that post. I forgot to thank you for the icon so here it goes

I am currently using the icon from mcbook. Perhaps you guys can come to a common conclusion together? I personally don't have a preference here

I already have that in git now https://gitorious.org/cameraplus/cam...cameraplus.png but I can change it if needed.

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
@bennypr0fane Mitakuuluu will have video recording in 640x480 in mid-bitrate mode in next release. It's about 1MB for 25sec video

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
1. I can reproduce the same behavior by pointing the viewfinder at any picture of faces, or things that may look like faces. I'm guessing that the letter-cube-thingies on the book cover are also mistaken for faces.
It might be but I really did not check it yet. Can you reproduce the same issue with jolla camera?

2. Why is the 8mpx resolution only available for 4:3 aspect ratio?
This is always the case. Sensor maximum resolution is in 4:3 aspect ratio. 16:9 most likely involves some kind of hardware cropping element. It's how it is in modern hardware

3. I found another "bug" (or two):
- when you shoot a video and preview it, you get three buttons: share, delete, and go to gallery. this button takes you straight to the photo section of the gallery, regardless of whether a photo or a video was being previewed. It would make more sense for it to either go to the Gallery front page or to video/photo section according to what was being previewed.
- If I go to Gallery through that button in CameraPlus, I can go back to Gallery fromt page, but then I can't get back into any of the three sections (photo, video, ambience), the buttons don't react.
I will fix the first issue then. It never occurred to me. Thank you for reporting.

The 2nd issue is most likely a bug in gallery itself. I will see what I can do for that.

4. feature request: add a resolution lower than VGA to video mode, like QVGA (320x240), WQVGA (400x240), HVGA (480x320).
The idea is to be able to send the resulting video via IM apps like Whatsapp, Threema etc. I think Threema has a 25MB limit, Whatsapp is lower. I shot a 25sec. video at VGA res. which is 29,8MB, so it's not easy to get below the required limit with VGA res.
I can easily add that but we have an issue. All video resolutions use the same bitrate so the end result will still a bit large. This is something I need to fix.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MSameer For This Useful Post: