Notices

You click the tab button in the bottom left corner and then it switched to bookmarks and open tabs view.
So the tab bar at the bottom shows the open tabs and with a click on a tab you switch to it

Donate using Liberapay

The Following User Says Thank You to llelectronics For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Thanks. Silly me, I knew it was something obvious. To my defence, I can only say that the tabs are not always immediately obvious. Of course, once you know what to look for...

BTW, I am typing this in Webcat. I wanted to attach a screenshot so I clicked on the Manage Attachments button which hihglighted but nothing else happened. Maybe still some left-over from the follow the links bug?

1.0.1 did the trick, long press is working. Thanks for a fast response!

Originally Posted by llelectronics View Post
Enjoy
I will!

Posts: 155 | Thanked: 309 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ The Netherlands
Just a quick comment. I don't know if it's related but pressing the bar on an attached picture on TMO doesn't work. I mean the bar with the message 'Click this bar to view the full image.'. The text gets highlighted and you get the option to copy it but you can't use the link.

The Following User Says Thank You to n900user259 For This Useful Post:
I confirm the yellow bar thingy.

Posts: 2 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Bristol
Some websites are not displayed properly, for example this one:
http://read.84000.co/#!ReadingRoom/UT22084-046-001/6
The frames are not in the correct places (on the edges). I hope it is an easy fix. Regards

Some websites are not displayed properly, for example this one:
http://read.84000.co/#!ReadingRoom/UT22084-046-001/6
The frames are not in the correct places (on the edges). I hope it is an easy fix. Regards
Sorry no easy fix for this I guess as even scrolling seems to be broken here. I suspect the devicePixelRatioHack might be behind it and will test setting this on a blacklist and see if it works. But all in all this page is completely optimised for desktop usage and not intended for mobile usage. So I cannot promise much.

Just a quick comment. I don't know if it's related but pressing the bar on an attached picture on TMO doesn't work. I mean the bar with the message 'Click this bar to view the full image.'. The text gets highlighted and you get the option to copy it but you can't use the link.
Yeah its not using the standard <a href=""> stuff for the link. (on the desktop try to right click it and it doesn offer a copy link option)
It is using window.open in javascript to open a link. I still need to figure out how to catch that javascript call in QtWebkit 3.0 . It was easy in QtWebkit 1.0 but 3.0 comes only with a quarter of the features that 1.0 came with so it might be another hack that I need to use for this :P

Donate using Liberapay

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to llelectronics For This Useful Post:
Small update. The current git master has a workaround for window.open calls so that they are treated as normal href links with target:_blank.
That makes TMO embedded picture opening work aswell as some other sites using window.open (it should work with all).

As it is a small fix it will go into 1.0.2 as bugfix. I just need to collect some more fixes before releasing 1.0.2

Donate using Liberapay

The Following User Says Thank You to llelectronics For This Useful Post:
Update:
Bugfix Release 1.0.2 is out now.

Changes:
  • Fixed some links (js window.open) were not clickable (like images on talk.maemo.org)
  • Added show youtube title in mediabar if found
  • Memory optimizations (devicePixelRatio Hack, mediaDetection seperated from userscript.js)
  • Hide suggestion box when link clicked or enter pressed
  • Fixed typos in yt.js (prevented finding of some videos)

Get RPM on openrepos.net

Donate using Liberapay

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to llelectronics For This Useful Post:
Thanks, 1.0.2 has indeed fixed most yellow link banners. There is, however, some curious inconsistency. Some links open a new tab with the image, others - like e.g. this one - open a dowload manager.

There are also a few other minor things, like e.g. some buttons not working. Presumably another JS issue? The easier way to reproduce is trying to type a post to TMO, like this one. Most buttons in the toolbar do not work. They are highlighted like when pressed but nothing happens. The "Manage Attachments" button I reported earlier now does something, but only to open a blank page with a 404 error.

Other minor things:
  • Some small rendering issues, like e.g. the Quick Reply box below.
  • When typing in an edit box, the browser zooms in a bit too much. The stock browser (SB) IMO hits the spot about right.
  • Most user probably won't notice this, but the lucky few of us with a modified VKB with cursor arrows will: when in the edit box, the cursor keys scroll the cursor as expected, until the cursor hits the end. After that, it scrolls the whole screen.
  • Swiping up/down inside an edit box with a lot of text does not scroll the text. I need to use the arrows (which most people won't have).
  • The tabs in the tab manager are actually very nice, I would say better than in SB. But they are not immediately obvious. It confused me anyway Some dividers might help.

Some positive things:
  • I like some controls, like check boxes. They look better than in SB.
  • The memory management is much better than in SB. No reloading when switching away from and back to a tab. Hurrah!
  • You can select and copy a paragraph and it works without patches and both in the page as well as in the edit boxes. Double yey!
  • There was some noticeable jerking when scrolling pages such as TMO up/down but that seems to have mostly gone in 1.0.2.
  • Double click on a paragraph to zoom in seems to work better than in SB.
  • I have not yet managed to reproduce the click lottery bug known from SB. It was mostly fixed in Uitukka but still present sometimes. Not in Webcat though.

For me, the positives by far outweigh the minor issues. Especially the text selection and no page reloading make Wbcat a clear winner over SB, which I have firmly relegated to a Launcher folder. Webcat is now proudly the browser of choice on my Jolla.

If I may have just one request, it would be the "make default" option. So clicking a link in an email opens Webcat instead of SB. Is that doable?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:

Tags
browser, webbrowser