Posts: 27 | Thanked: 35 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ cyprus
Hello there, i have some questions.
I have the N9 16gb its really worth it to port the sailfish?
If i do it i will able to make calls?
I will have a Viber?
if its really worth it, which simple site link to do it ?, i will not take a backup an i wil not flash main.bin or emmc.bin , there is nothing on it is like a fresh start,
thank you in advance

Last edited by andreasole; 2017-03-27 at 10:50.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to andreasole For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by andreasole View Post
Hello there, i have some questions.
I have the N9 16gb its really worth it to port the sailfish?
If i do it i will able to make calls?
I will have a Viber?
if its really worth it, which simple site link to do it ?, i will not take a backup an i wil not flash main.bin or emmc.bin , there is nothing on it is like a fresh start,
thank you in advance
Yes, calls work OK but if I remember correctly the voice quality is not as good as on Harmattan. (noise cancellation probably is not so good)

I have no idea what is Viber for.

It might be worth it as a demonstration, but not enough for everyday use as long as you cannot update to nwest versions.

If you have to ask for an easy way to do it, is not good/useful good to you. For knowledgeable people the instructions are already clear.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Yes, calls work OK but if I remember correctly the voice quality is not as good as on Harmattan. (noise cancellation probably is not so good)

I have no idea what is Viber for.

It might be worth it as a demonstration, but not enough for everyday use as long as you cannot update to nwest versions.

If you have to ask for an easy way to do it, is not good/useful good to you. For knowledgeable people the instructions are already clear.
Thank you for the replay my friend
I use to do many times porting nemo nitdroid on my N900 but this was in 2010-2011 and to be honest i forgot many things, i also put nitdroid on N9 but now after Galaxy S3-S5 and Note 4 i forgot. A little help from you if i stack it could very helpful . Thanks

A little help from you if i stack it could very helpful . Thanks
At least what I'm going to do (provided I find the time to tinker) is:
  • wait for hedayat's 1.1.0.39 version that seems to be (from what I heard in the last few posts) the best bet. He indicated to be able to reupload it soon-ish if no one else does.
  • try to follow the wiki linked in the first post. From what I gather, the process doesn't seem to be any different for different sfos images. I haven't done this before, though and may fail miserably. In that case, this thread will be the place where you'd see me whining.
___
list of i486/noarch packages on openrepos (jolla tablet)

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to velox For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by velox View Post
At least what I'm going to do (provided I find the time to tinker) is:
  • wait for hedayat's 1.1.0.39 version that seems to be (from what I heard in the last few posts) the best bet. He indicated to be able to reupload it soon-ish if no one else does.
  • try to follow the wiki linked in the first post. From what I gather, the process doesn't seem to be any different for different sfos images. I haven't done this before, though and may fail miserably. In that case, this thread will be the place where you'd see me whining.
Hahaha ok i will wait then and i will be your back up i dont know why but the last month i took the N9 in my hands again it wakes me up the old times that i have eyes only for my PC , N9 and nothing else, i will try it and knowledge is coming with the experience

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to andreasole For This Useful Post:
hello there
i have this problem on Ubuntu when i am trying to copy this ''zImage_2.6.32.54-openmode_l2fix'' to rootfs partition of N9 and iam stack to this, any help appriciate
this is the message
Error while copying “zImage_2.6.32.54-openmode_l2fix”.

Last edited by andreasole; 2017-04-01 at 11:23.

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
i have this problem on Ubuntu when i am trying to copy this ''zImage_2.6.32.54-openmode_l2fix'' to rootfs partition of N9 and iam stack to this, any help appriciate
OK, what's the problem you have?
You need to copy the kernel image to /boot of your root partition and the modules to /lib/modules/<kernelversion>

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
yes i need to copy the kernel image to /boot of rootfs partition of N9 but not let me.

The Following User Says Thank You to andreasole For This Useful Post:
yes i need to copy the kernel image to /boot of rootfs partition of N9 but not let me.
Only ever dual booted upon N9 64GB, it's nothing to do with MyDocs partition not being large enough upon 16GB version?

The Following User Says Thank You to aspergerguy For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by aspergerguy View Post
Only ever dual booted upon N9 64GB, it's nothing to do with MyDocs partition not being large enough upon 16GB version?
I have the 16Gb . Finally i copy the file on /media/andreasole/rootfs/boot and i install (extract) sailfish successful but when i switch on stack on no script maintenance .
Something went wrong i try to flash main secure but now i big triangle says i need to flash operating system.
Any suggestions?

The Following User Says Thank You to andreasole For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla, nokia, sailfish