Notices

Posts: 76 | Thanked: 80 times | Joined on Feb 2013 @ Tamil Nadu, India
Ha ha ha! I really am sorry! I thought I had logged out of all my accounts!

Posts: 992 | Thanked: 738 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Low Earth Orbit
Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
So, this should be a valid XML file (and I did test this time):
Yep, it works now, thanks.

The Following User Says Thank You to kureyon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
Request: Is it possible to add support for B&O Beomaster 6000? The 80s Beomaster 6000 with optional IR remote, not the quadrophonic 6000 from the mid-seventies. (I got one from a friend of a friend who found it in the attic of a house he bought. I assume he kept the pr0n VHS tapes for himself -- houses with stuff left over always seem to have some hidden somewhere.)

Love Pierogi, thanks very much!

The Following User Says Thank You to robthebold For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by robthebold View Post
Request: Is it possible to add support for B&O Beomaster 6000? The 80s Beomaster 6000 with optional IR remote, not the quadrophonic 6000 from the mid-seventies.
Ah, Bang & Olufsen is always a pain. I think I have found a config file for the 6000 (if it is the right 6000), but I can't seem to find the protocol associated with that file. This may take some digging. (And even then, I can't say for certain that the N900 will be able to produce the appropriate signals; B&O like to go their own way with IR controls, and don't really follow industry standards in any way... But I'll see what I can do.)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Hi Copernicus.

On one point of development, the ps3 have buttons like x, circle, triangle, o, but i wasn't sure that they work.

I tried a few times but didn't know how to make them works.

Anyway, them don't exist anymore.

I on 1.1.40 right now, the ps3 keyset doesn't work with ps4 but the sony tv keyset does work (with ps3 works too, via bravia sync).

By the way, the ps3 keyset is very confuse right now, i'm not sure that works with ps3 or how should work (can't try to help).

Greetings.

The Following User Says Thank You to s4br0s0 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by s4br0s0 View Post
Anyway, them don't exist anymore.
Ack! Yeah, I set up the Playstation keyset a long time ago when I realized that the Playstation (or at least some versions of it) accepted infrared input. I guess I completely forgot about it when I reworked the new panel system; I've got it using the DVD-media panels, so the X-triangle-circle-square controls are completely missing now.

Let me fix that. Whether this keyset would work with the PS4, I don't know; I'll do some research...

The Following User Says Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
Let me fix that. Whether this keyset would work with the PS4, I don't know; I'll do some research...
As i told, the sony keyset tv works with ps3/4 via bravia sync.

Honestly don't know if ps4 have infrared (guess not), so maybe the only way is that.

And maybe is the best way, i mean, hardly someone will use it as "replacement" to game, most will use it for media remote for watching movies.

This is a big maybe, but don't know if could be implemented, the touch panel of the dualshock 4, in some way the N900 works like it.

Is a crazy idea that honestly speaking, most probably won't work.

Anyway, my intention wasn't that you put again the missing buttons, just want to inform that you can use Pierogi to control the ps4.

Greetings.

The Following User Says Thank You to s4br0s0 For This Useful Post:
Hi,

First of all I would like to thank you Copernicus for this great piece of software. Last day I was in a "battle" with a friend who had an Samsung Galaxy S5 (I think... the one with infrared) and we were in front of a Panasonic TV set; he told me that his new phone can control any TV with this great app he downloaded. He tried a lot of remotes and couldn't turn the TV on. When he gave up, I opened Pierogi and selected the first keyset with Panasonic TV, turned on the TV and explained him that the thing that matters is not the latest phone with the latest software that is sold on a store, it's a good piece of software written by a smart person...

I also wanted to ask you : on my Samsung remote I have a button "Channel List" which helps me get a list of all the channels on the TV and get faster on the one I want. I think all the new Samsung TVs have it. Could it be integrated in Pierogi.
I also have an Intel NUC dn2820fykh with an integrated infrared port on which I have loaded Debian and Openelec (dual boot)... I wanted to know if you have any knowledge how to test and make the infrared port work with Pierogi (or any remote, like my TV remote) cause sadly my TV doesn't have the CEC (or what it is called, cause every company has a different name for it) which would transmit the commands through the hdmi cable.

Thank you again for a great software.

The Following User Says Thank You to Malakai For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Malakai View Post
When he gave up, I opened Pierogi and selected the first keyset with Panasonic TV, turned on the TV and explained him that the thing that matters is not the latest phone with the latest software that is sold on a store, it's a good piece of software written by a smart person...
Thank you! Although, if I were a very smart person, I'd already have Pierogi ported over to Android. (Qt should make that easy!) I have been working on it...

I also wanted to ask you : on my Samsung remote I have a button "Channel List" which helps me get a list of all the channels on the TV and get faster on the one I want.
Ah! Actually, I've already got that command in my Samsung TV Keyset 1 family, but I didn't know what it was used for, so I haven't yet mapped it to any buttons. I'll get it defined and onto a panel somewhere asap.

I also have an Intel NUC dn2820fykh with an integrated infrared port on which I have loaded Debian and Openelec (dual boot)... I wanted to know if you have any knowledge how to test and make the infrared port work with Pierogi (or any remote, like my TV remote) cause sadly my TV doesn't have the CEC (or what it is called, cause every company has a different name for it) which would transmit the commands through the hdmi cable.
Very nice little machine! Hmm. The system of choice for receiving consumer IR data on a Linux box is the Linux Infrared Remote Control (or LIRC) server. I've never used Openelec, but I would assume that it sets up LIRC by default; and you should be able to download an LIRC package for Debian.

As to connecting to the CIR receiver: I took a quick look at the Openelec wiki, and it says the dn2820fykh is fully supported, so it should already be able to receive commands via IR. Whether Debian can access the IR hardware is another question; you might have to do some legwork to get a driver up and running for it, if there isn't one already available in your distribution.

You may or may not also need to define a remote control for LIRC. This article mentions that Openelec is by default listening for a Microsoft Media Center compatible remote control; Pierogi has keysets for a few of those. You could also try using the automated keyset search feature of Pierogi to find a compatible keyset.

I've set up a Mac Mini as an HTPC myself. My ancient TV also lacks the newer hdmi-passthrough controls; so, I've gone ahead and hooked up a set of speakers and a TV tuner to the PC itself. This way, I control everything directly through the Mac, and don't do anything more on the TV than turn it on and off.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Just as an information :

The Microsoft Remote mode 1 works perfectly with the NUC dn2820fykh (as to start it) and with Openelec (every key worked out of the box), so I think you could duplicate or create a link to it and call it something like Openelec or NUC, so people would know that it is also working with this device and OS.
For Debian I will have to look at it (maybe during the weekend if I have some time).

The Following User Says Thank You to Malakai For This Useful Post:

Tags
infrared, pasta, remote, remote control