Posts: 203 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ St.Petersburg, Russia
I made it!

I had USB-RS232 cabel, that I made early for my Zaurus C1000. The cabel repaired for USB-host mode (B mini-USB).

N800 work under OS 2008. I cross-complie kernel modules usbserial.ko, pl2303.ko and made port utilites minicom and cu.

After them load by insmod this modules, plug cabel into usb port and find new device - /dev/ttyUSB0 !!!

Now I have mini serial console in my pocket! It's very nice to me
Attached Images

Last edited by gLobster; 2007-12-12 at 12:34.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gLobster For This Useful Post:
Would you consider releasing us a package so we can install these?

Posts: 2,152 | Thanked: 1,490 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Czech Republic
For OS2008 you can also get those modules from
http://fanoush.wz.cz/maemo/modules-r....6.21.0.tar.gz
mentioned here
http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...312#post101312
just unpack it with 'tar zxvf filename' and insmod those two ones as root (and ignore the rest).

If you really need to PM me with troubleshooting question please consider posting it to the forum instead. It is OK to PM me a link to such post then. Thank you.

You ROCK!!!! Thank you very much

Are you using screen as your terminal software?

David

Posts: 2,152 | Thanked: 1,490 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Czech Republic
Oh, true, you still need terminal program (minicom, cu) for interactive usage (login to routers etc). I think screen is for something else.

If you really need to PM me with troubleshooting question please consider posting it to the forum instead. It is OK to PM me a link to such post then. Thank you.

The Following User Says Thank You to fanoush For This Useful Post:
Nope. Screen is a great terminal program. Read the man page. I use screen all the time on my mac with a USB to serial adapter.

Now that is not the most common usage of screen, but it works. I've been intending to try the n800 with screen to see if I can get a bluetooth terminal session into my GPS.

I have a USB serial adapter on my mac and I use it to talk to an embeded linux box at 57,600 baud, 8 data bits, 1 stop bit, no parity, no handshaking with the command:
screen /dev/cu.usbserial-FTCYPKJ5 57600,cs8,-ixon,-ixo
n,-istrip

David

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to djs_tx For This Useful Post:
Thanks guys, I had no idea I could do this with my N800. I have a USB-serial converter that I hope will work (purchased recently for less than $5 including postage, available from various online stores).

I've got a small Keyspan model UPR-112G (http://www.keyspan.com/products/upr112g/) that combines a USB to serial with a USB to parallel and adds two extra USB ports. I wonder if I could get the parallel port working on the N800 and have some cool digital IO capability ...

David

that's great i will make it becouse I make electronics that comunicate with pc for debuging

PERFECT WORK
what about for sending commands from tablet i think if some who know how to wryte soft for that tablet have intetest i can implement Ps2 keyboard trough a microcontroller

Posts: 203 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ St.Petersburg, Russia
Many thanks for idea to use screen. I did't know that it can be use for this purpouse. Great news for me. I think make little package with kernel modules and utilities.

I have next little question. When i connect adapter, after same time i receive message from system about error with mount extern disk system. May I turn off this message?