Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
after latest commits on hildon-desktop, TidyBlurGroup (and the new ClutterEffect for it) animate with ~30fps on allwinner tablet, there are some more animation bugs to be fixed, but it is getting closer to be fully usable

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Sorry for the lack of updates on my part. Unfortunately I've been ill since last Wednesday, so Christmas shopping and coding have had to go on hold for now.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Android_808 View Post
Sorry for the lack of updates on my part. Unfortunately I've been ill since last Wednesday, so Christmas shopping and coding have had to go on hold for now.
Well, it is more than normal your RL to have higher priority than virtual

In the meanwhile https://github.com/fremantle-gtk3/hi...6b8e99f28cb231

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900

Community SSU developer

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Ok, next batch done. Once the next file is built I think it will be 32/62.

I'm hitting the following error at the moment. First thought was to add gdk.h to includes. FAIL. Second try was to add gdkx.h or whatever the X11 specific header is called. FAIL. This file has been a right PITA.

hildon-color-chooser.c:1361:55: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type ‘GdkVisual {aka struct _GdkVisual}’
color->pixel = ((color->red >> (16 - system_visual->red_prec)) << system_visual->red_shift) |
Been trying to catch up on IRC comments as well. My thoughts on RAM usage is that my initial idea wasn't specific to the N900 but looking at freeing the software stack so that it could be used on other, more recent devices, like fmg's Allwinner tablet. Up until recently is was all built on top of a stripped down Mer stack with the intention of one day trying to make use of libhybris should we have a wayland based wm. Hildon UI on Fairphone2? Oneplus? GalaxyTab? Chromebook?

I know it's not very scientific/correct but its all I've got at the moment: The object files for the current 31 files under libhildon/hildon/ total 3.8MB. ALL the object files in the same directory of my Cordia fork total 3.5MB. In terms of CSS themes, yes they probably require more processing but if the low res jpg/png based theme can be replaced with CSS, the images don't need to be loaded. If it is ported to a higher resolution device we don't have to rely on the same texture files. At the moment though, this isn't implemented.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
Ok, next batch done. Once the next file is built I think it will be 32/62.

I'm hitting the following error at the moment. First thought was to add gdk.h to includes. FAIL. Second try was to add gdkx.h or whatever the X11 specific header is called. FAIL. This file has been a right PITA.
I guess you should try to find something like gtk_visual_get_red() etc, it seem upstream took (the correct) approach to use accessor functions instead of direct structure access.

Been trying to catch up on IRC comments as well. My thoughts on RAM usage is that my initial idea wasn't specific to the N900 but looking at freeing the software stack so that it could be used on other, more recent devices, like fmg's Allwinner tablet. Up until recently is was all built on top of a stripped down Mer stack with the intention of one day trying to make use of libhybris should we have a wayland based wm. Hildon UI on Fairphone2? Oneplus? GalaxyTab? Chromebook?
It was me having the concerns about memory usage - well, it turned out that there is nothing to be afraid of, so far. On my Allwinner, latest h-d(the one with TidyBlurGroup fixed to actually work) takes ~22MB RSS and about 120MB RES when started. And this is without having maemo-launcher and sapwood optimizations. No hildon-status-menu and hildon-home, but still, I think it is fine.

Community SSU developer

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
not sure sapwood is applicable/needed. the cordia based hildon probably has half as many c files so bear that in mind compared to the "new"/wip port. I think though some of the dialogs (color chooser/login etc could drastically shrink if we just create wrappers around stock gtk controls to remain API compatibile. No need to worry about that until I have an initial library built.

have you tried hildon-status-menu & hildon-home from my original port? both are from cssu version iirc (home definately is). there might be some subtle changes but nothing major.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
not sure sapwood is applicable/needed. the cordia based hildon probably has half as many c files so bear that in mind compared to the "new"/wip port. I think though some of the dialogs (color chooser/login etc could drastically shrink if we just create wrappers around stock gtk controls to remain API compatibile. No need to worry about that until I have an initial library built.
I didn't mean sapwood is needed, rather that h-d is on its own - no cached images etc.

The lesser c files number comes from removing tidy in cordia. I might go the same route leaving only tidyblur group, but still not decided.

have you tried hildon-status-menu & hildon-home from my original port? both are from cssu version iirc (home definately is). there might be some subtle changes but nothing major.
No, I will do it once I have everything h-d working as it should.

Community SSU developer

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
@Android_808: which repo is your hildon-home port?

Community SSU developer

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Whoops.

Should have been in https://github.com/android-808/hildon-home but evidently I didn't push changes. Have just done it, I think. It may have to be built with dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot -us -uc -d if I haven't got around to fixing control file. I should be using hildon-3 but I'm 99% sure I haven't fixed this in debian/control yet.

Some code is commented using DEAD_CODE_TO_REMOVE or DEAD_CODE #ifdefs. They may have to go back in with CSSU GTK3 port. Shortcuts, Bookmarks and search service come to mind but can't remember exactly.

Edit: The only changes not in that commit:
An include of for osso can be replaced by dbus.h because it doesn't use anything in the osso header.
Any #ifdef HAVE_DSME because we now have Maemo version.
Theres an osso low mem function. I had it commented out but it should now be ok with libosso IIRC.

Last edited by Android_808; 2016-12-24 at 22:36.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
Whoops.

Should have been in https://github.com/android-808/hildon-home but evidently I didn't push changes. Have just done it, I think. It may have to be built with dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot -us -uc -d if I haven't got around to fixing control file. I should be using hildon-3 but I'm 99% sure I haven't fixed this in debian/control yet.

Some code is commented using DEAD_CODE_TO_REMOVE or DEAD_CODE #ifdefs. They may have to go back in with CSSU GTK3 port. Shortcuts, Bookmarks and search service come to mind but can't remember exactly.

Edit: The only changes not in that commit:
An include of for osso can be replaced by dbus.h because it doesn't use anything in the osso header.
Any #ifdef HAVE_DSME because we now have Maemo version.
Theres an osso low mem function. I had it commented out but it should now be ok with libosso IIRC.
Doesn't build, I guess you've fixed it against cordia mce. Please use https://github.com/fremantle-gtk3/mce-dev

Community SSU developer

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post: