Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
Then why do you ask and put out statements like it's us vs them still?
The tail never wags the dog so if there are people interested+capable to do a hybrid or whatever, it will get done by such people just like how this is being done by interested and capable people who explored for quite some time the feasibility of using the GTA04 board before posting about its possibilities...
I didn't, I merely responded to a statement that was coloured with that thinking.
You seem to think it's just as feasible, in reality there's way more obstacles...
It won't happen, unless it's ends up being a very different chimera, & a hobbled one at that.
At which point one may as well have focused_on/contributed_to Nemo/Sailfish the whole time.

Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
@mods: please move this stuff (#520 thru this post) to http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=91399, since a) it's not at all about Neo900 the hardware, which this thread is about, and b) it's the same rant of uninformed bystanders educating the devels about what can get done and what can't. Ergo "Discussion of difficulties with porting to Neo900" or sth like that, NOT "Neo900 - finally a successor of N900"

Users neither want read
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
It won't happen, unless it's ends up being a very different chimera, & a hobbled one at that.
At which point one may as well have focused_on/contributed_to Nemo/Sailfish the whole time.
nor even
Originally Posted by pali View Post
I will wait for you on irc. I worked on MCE and have everyting implemented (needs only testing).
in this thread. I'm sure they like to read about great progress like in Pali's post in the appropriate FPTF thread, and I don't know if they want to read at all about jalyst denying that and declaring it was impossible and then belittling the great work of our devels by stating they better had contributed to something else from beginning.

EX Hildon Foundation approved
Maemo Administration Coordinator (stepped down due to bullying 2014-04-05)
aka "techstaff" - the guys who keep your infra running - Devotion to Duty http://xkcd.com/705/

IRC(freenode): DocScrutinizer*
First USB hostmode fanatic, father of H-E-N

Last edited by joerg_rw; 2013-09-21 at 15:08.

Yeah may be a good idea to remove from #524 onwards, everything that was asked was answered, so there needn't have been any more discussion on that topic beyond #523.
To remove from before #523 would be just be plain censoring though, & I'm sure that's not in joerg's principles...

Yeah may be a good idea to remove from #524 onwards, everything that was asked was answered, so there needn't have been any more discussion on that topic beyond #523.
To remove from before #523 would be just be plain censoring though, & I'm sure that's not in joerg's principles...
UHUH, moving to the appropriate thread is cencoring now, while *you* deciding which posts of you are OK in this thread despite being completely off-topic is no cencoring? Sorry, no! that's NOT in line with my principles.
/j

aka "techstaff" - the guys who keep your infra running - Devotion to Duty http://xkcd.com/705/

Originally Posted by joerg_rw View Post
Users neither want read
nor even in this thread. I'm sure they like to read about great progress like in Pali's post in the appropriate FPTF thread, and I don't know if they want to read at all about jalyst denying that and declaring it was impossible and then belittling the great work of our devels by stating they better had contributed to something else from beginning.
You're completely misrepresenting what I said, re-read what was said, I wasn't referring to FPTF work, try again.

Originally Posted by joerg_rw View Post
UHUH, moving to the appropriate thread is cencoring now, while *you* deciding which posts of you are OK in this thread despite being completely off-topic is no cencoring? Sorry, no! that's NOT in line with my principles.
/j
I didn't keep the OT going, WTF are you on, I responded to new posts...
I suggested a logical cut-off, whereupon the rest can be removed or moved.
But, if the mods decide it all should be moved, so be it, don't go getting big head now.

Last edited by jalyst; 2013-09-21 at 15:19.

O NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL!

Dear joerg_rw,

You have received a new private message at maemo.org - Talk from jalyst, entitled "power games".

To read the original version, respond to, or delete this message, you must log in here:
http://talk.maemo.org/private.php

This is the message that was sent:
Happy with your little power trip now buddy...
Anyone goes the slightest bit off-topic & you have a little "tanty".
You've succeeded in your goal, complete censoring, there's been no relocation, just pure/unadulterated censoring.
Which is what you really wanted the whole time, right?

Really? If you're going to be little bitch, then why don't you also show the subsequent PM I sent about 1 minute later?
Perhaps I can't expect that from you, given your track-record of getting into personality conflicts & doing character assassinations (or being on the receiving end of them).

I've zero interest in this subject matter, as already highlighted in earlier posts/PM's I think it's a waste of energy/time.
But, if other folks want to continue the dream, by all means...
I'm not subscribing to this thread, so apologies in advance if there's new posts directed at me that I don't respond to.

Last edited by jalyst; 2013-09-21 at 16:08.

Really? If you're going to be little bitch, then why don't you also show the subsequent PM I sent about 1 minute later?
Maybe because there been none during the 5 min it took until I configured my spamfilter to redirect further insults from this sender directly to /dev/null

Peace, guys? I don't really think that anyone besides you two wanted to know content of your PM's, nor who banned whom from receiving them.

You know, people tend to suggest resolving personal conflicts via PM's, so publishing them here is quite counter-productive for S/N ratio of TMO.

Of course, if PM's are breaking law/threating/racial etc, there is option to inform forum's authorities, but neither of those should be posted in public. Not because rules or anything, just due to common sense

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post: