Notices

Posts: 479 | Thanked: 58 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Dubai, UAE
Before I start, I'd like to make it clear that Canola 2 is one of the nicest looking media players I have ever used, to the point that I have abandoned my iPod.

Now, going on to the 'odd behaviour' I've been experiencing:

An album (let's say 'Best of Rock Ballads') that is made up of tracks from various artists (Whitesnake, Def Leppard, etc) will display as multiple albums, one entry for every single artist. This appears in the Album list and in the Album Cover list

Should it not display one album instead of multiple entries of the same album instead?

i would prefer this also, like if the file is stored in a root directory alone
like /media/mmc/music it should create it as standalone album
but if its in a sub folder like /media/mmc/music/sampler1 it should create it as one album.

Last edited by |tbb|; 2008-01-03 at 13:19.

Please look at bug #1790 in garage. I think this would be the best place for any further suggestions.

Posts: 479 | Thanked: 58 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Dubai, UAE
I didn't list this in garage because I did not know if this behavior was 'as designed' or if it was really a bug. After all, the artist names did appear under the album art, so I was under the assumption that this was for the benefit of users looking for a specific album, and an artist's track within that album.

I'll add my comments to the bug note and see if this can be resolved if indeed it is a bug.

Posts: 1,674 | Thanked: 171 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Anderson, IN
what you have to do to resolve that problem is edit your ID3 tags so that for each song on that album , "artist" is the actual artist that performed the song , and "album artist" must be set to "Various Artists" this will solve the problem and the album will only show up once with all the songs by all the different artists

The Following User Says Thank You to munky261 For This Useful Post:
I ran the album art script and my disk space was exhausted. All the covers went into ~/.canola/covers. To protect innocent users, I really think Canola should work like kagu where it moves the bulky stuff to a SD card, and lets the user specify where to save the covers.

It occurs to me now I could fix this for myself by moving the covers onto mmc1 and then symbolic linking to ~/.canola/covers.

But a lot of the so-called Linux nubies and Windows refugees wouldn't figure that out very easily.

PJ

Posts: 1,674 | Thanked: 171 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Anderson, IN
when i went through and did my manual editing process for the art , the canola downloader downloaded sometimes like 12 pictures for an album , most times nowhere even near being correct or the right artist. when i was done with my process , the art for like 200 or so albums only takes up 17.5 megs

Posts: 1,412 | Thanked: 594 times | Joined on Aug 2005 @ Recife, Brazil
Hi guys,

Thanks for the feedbacks, we will solve some of this issues and improve others. I think the cover downloader for sure needs love and flexibiility, but it is only a time solution, we want a good integrated one to replace it (and be possible by legal means)

Br

Marcelo