Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Originally Posted by ggabriel View Post
What difficulties?
-Difficulties like the difficulty of keeping their promise about first wave pre-orders being the first ones to receive the the phone
-Giving people the option to pay the 100€ with Paypal, then not not giving the option to pay 299€ with Paypal, thus screwing people with no credit cards.
-That phones would be delivered in the same order as they were ordered,.
-Phones arriving at wrong cities (already happened).
-The 6 continents where LTE works apparently being Middle Earth, Narnia, Valhalla, Hades, Atlantis and Elop's pajamas.
-That I could walk into a DNA store tomorrow and buy the phone before almost everyone who pre-ordered, including my own order.

Need to work now, but thats enough for one list.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rauha For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
My 2 cents on this:

I see no evidence that there is any problems shipping the devices. As @ggabriel points out, it's nowhere near the deadline that Jolla gave as the shipping date and there's plenty of time for everybody to get the device in their sticky paws.

As for the device being available tomorrow from DNA shops, how will that help/hinder somebody who is waiting to get a device outside finland? There are no DNA stores in Germany for example, AFAIK so you couldn't get it faster whatever. And as somebody pointed out, preorder was not a guarantee you'd get it first, it was a guarantee you will get it from the first batch.[*]

Also, people buying it from DNA will not be getting the poppy-red cover which is pretty sweet by itself. (and neither the tshirt/beanie...)

[*] The only anomaly is propably the Swedes living in Haparanda ore thereabouts who can just walk over the border to visit a DNA shop in Tornio...

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
If you don't want your Jolla anymore - just change shipping address to mine. I'll be glad to receive Jolla package for you.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Rauha View Post
-Difficulties like the difficulty of keeping their promise about first wave pre-orders being the first ones to receive the the phone
Are you certain that the promise was "phone in your hand" vs "ability to order a phone/you will have a phone assigned to you"? When you finished paying, you did see the 3-4 weeks delivery time, right?

-Giving people the option to pay the 100€ with Paypal, then not not giving the option to pay 299€ with Paypal, thus screwing people with no credit cards.
Fair enough, although paypal sucks. I'd rather try a few banks to see which one will give me at least a debit card that I can use online.

-That phones would be delivered in the same order as they were ordered,.
What evidence do you have that they aren't? Aside from the fact that they are serving Finland first, as I remember they said, there is no evidence that I am skipping you despite the fact that I paid/ordered later than you.

-Phones arriving at wrong cities (already happened).
ok, again, does amazon.com tell you when they delivered incorrectly? If the phone arrived to the wrong address, that's something between Jolla and whoever didn't get the phone, not something to make public IMNSHO.

-The 6 continents where LTE works apparently being Middle Earth, Narnia, Valhalla, Hades, Atlantis and Elop's pajamas.
They didn't announce this yet, and it's fair enough. However, you can always not buy the phone until they do announce it. FWIW, to me there are 5 inhabitable contintents + Antarctica. YMMV depending on how/when you were educated.
-That I could walk into a DNA store tomorrow and buy the phone before almost everyone who pre-ordered, including my own order.
ok, then go for it! I don't live in Finland, so I have to wait. If my country were a bit more open to these kind of start ups, then I'd have the phone quicker. It's up to the people to vote for politicians and all that.

Need to work now, but thats enough for one list.
And I'll make it my mission to not answer to any of this type of posts any more, at least for today.

Posts: 1,552 | Thanked: 3,108 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Russia, 96
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
If you don't want your Jolla anymore - just change shipping address to mine. I'll be glad to receive Jolla package for you.
+1. Contact me via PM.

Posts: 388 | Thanked: 1,340 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Finland
I have read reports that there was an option to pay 299e with Paypal at the beginning, but due problems the option was later removed.

It would not be surpise if PayPal froze Jolla's PayPal account and Jolla will get their money year from now or something like tha

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news...-Devs-Accountt.

The Following User Says Thank You to MisterMaster For This Useful Post:
Posts: 496 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by ggabriel View Post
Does amazon.com tell you about their difficulties when you are in day 2 of the 7-10 days wait?
That 7-10 day wait covers a period after shipping. And only really applies to untracked shipments (well, that's the case in the UK at least)

And Amazon are excellent keeping you informed about when your goods will actually ship.

Last edited by strongm; 2013-12-10 at 11:37.

Originally Posted by att View Post
I have read reports that there was an option to pay 299e with Paypal at the beginning, but due problems the option was later removed.
Yeah, just checked my card statement and I paid via Paypal on 25th Nov.

Order status : Paid

I've had no notifications of any problems of Jolla getting my money.

That 7-10 day wait covers a period [b]after[b] shipping. And only really applies to untracked shipments (well, that's the case in the UK at least)
Yep, but I'm sure that Amazon would have some response if an item hasn't been shipped after a fortnight.

Administrator | Posts: 1,036 | Thanked: 2,019 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Germany
If anyone wants to get rid of his/her order... I'd love to get a second/third (not for myself but for community efforts - even better if we could give out a ltd other half as prices too) - contact me here and we'll sort the rest. Or get Jolla Care to book your device on my account (dostortugas).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chemist For This Useful Post: