Active Topics

Originally Posted by edp17 View Post
I add this here to help others too: Bear in mind that if you'd like to flash a zip file on a secondary Rom, you cannot do that with the TWRP_multirom_hammerhead_20160210.img. You need the older version TWRP_multirom_hammerhead_20150630.img for that.

Which is the best SFOS version?
I think it depends on what you would like to use it for. If you are happy with the native browser and apps and don't need AD, I think always the latest version is the best.
However, if you need AD, you need to stick with an older SFOS. (Although, because of the old AD, in there, many apps do not work properly or do not even start.)

Camera?
Video recording is generally broken on this base (CM12.1), so that option is not available. (In addition: on SFOS 3.3 the viewfinder displays a black screen when you take photos, this is fixed in 3.4 and 4.0)
Whatsapp will only work for texting and calling but won't work with video at all.

I cannot comment on how to install a newer android as a secondary Rom as I never needed it. You need to find a Rom that works and you trust and try it. Then let us know you experience.
Hi,

How to install TWRP_multirom_hammerhead_20150630.img if i already have mine? need to uninstal and reinstall old one? how to?
If i change twrp version, there is no pb with sfos already installed?

When you said older version for AD what version exactly you think about?

I have stock rom 6.0.1 now what is better? unofficial? for you.
What twrp version support LineageOS 17.1 or 18.1? Will it be compatible with sfos 2,3 and 4?

http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showt...#entry57516932
is this AD work with sfos 2,3 and 4? and cm12.1 / cm11 and cm13?
I think it's android 4.4 kitkat right?

How to make Whatsapp work with front camera for video call? you have a solution?

How to fix video recording in sfos? what version can do that?

Thank you
Have a good day.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to n950 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by n950 View Post
Hi,

How to install TWRP_multirom_hammerhead_20150630.img if i already have mine? need to uninstal and reinstall old one? how to?
If i change twrp version, there is no pb with sfos already installed?

When you said older version for AD what version exactly you think about?

I have stock rom 6.0.1 now what is better? unofficial? for you.
What twrp version support LineageOS 17.1 or 18.1? Will it be compatible with sfos 2,3 and 4?

http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showt...#entry57516932
is this AD work with sfos 2,3 and 4? and cm12.1 / cm11 and cm13?
I think it's android 4.4 kitkat right?

How to make Whatsapp work with front camera for video call? you have a solution?

How to fix video recording in sfos? what version can do that?

Thank you
Have a good day.
To install another twrp just download the img and flash it in TWRP. Then reboot into the new TWRP and you're done.

Under older sfos versions for AD I meant 3.4 or older. AD works fine on them, however, the sfos side is older so the browser engine and other stuff are also older.

I only occasionally use android on Nexus 5 and the original 6.0.1 is enough for me. I have not experimented with newer. (I've used android 8.1 and 9 on my Galaxy S2 though.)

I don't know which TWRP version supports LOS17.1 I think any of them should be sufficient to flash though. Although, you might need to repartition your device for newer android. (I had to do it on my S2 because the /system partition was not big enough for android above 7.1.) I've not done this on the Nexus 5, so I cannot help with this.

Yes, Android 4.4 is Kitkat.

Video and camera in Whatsapp will NOT work with AD 4.4. (And I don't think you'll find anybody who will or willing try to fix it.)
My solution was not using Whatsapp at all and purchasing an official device with official Android support.

I don't know how to fix video recording in this android base. It may work on cm13 base but I am not sure. Others will comment if they know.

Last edited by edp17; 2021-03-03 at 12:01.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to edp17 For This Useful Post:
A little bit offtopic here, but AFAIK there is no multirom capable TWRP, which can handle any ROM beyond Android 8 (or 9?). At least I could not find one. This is because the ROM file format has been changed significantly between these versions.

BTW, in case of multirom the system partition size is not an issue (only the main rom is on the system partition, the others are on userdata).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tice For This Useful Post:
Hi,

I have installed 4 roms:

- android 6
- sfos 2/3.4 and 4

Do you have SFOS 2.XX zip CM12.1 last version?

If i would like to uninstall one sfos or android rom how to do it? if i push on trash icon next to rom it will delete all files from this rom?

for all users here, cm13 base: is video recording work?

- Any help to install LineageOS 18.1 on my nexus 5 with my config:

Stock Android 6.0.1 (Marshmallow) and SFOS version 2.0.1.11 / hammerhead-SFOS-34024-CM121-20201101 / sailfishos-hammerhead-release-4.0.1.48-CM121 (MultiROM).

multirom-20160207-v33-hammerhead.zip installed

kernel_kexec_hammerhead_601 installed

TWRP_multirom_hammerhead_20150630 installed

Thank you

Last edited by n950; 2021-03-07 at 21:36.

The Following User Says Thank You to n950 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Feb 2021 @ Belgium
I am using SFOS 4.01.48. Today I added an extra wifi access point at work. Now i get "Server not Found" on the Sailfish browser. I can install apps and browse with webcat. How can i fix this.

The Following User Says Thank You to FranAlex For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by FranAlex View Post
I am using SFOS 4.01.48. Today I added an extra wifi access point at work. Now i get "Server not Found" on the Sailfish browser. I can install apps and browse with webcat. How can i fix this.
You probably managed to download that version where the search engines were included. (That version was online for a few hours.) Please download the new version (it has the same name but the URL is different) where this is fixed.

If you still have the issue, I'll post a new image where I am experimenting with the camera.

The Following User Says Thank You to edp17 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by n950 View Post
Hi,

I have installed 4 roms:

- android 6
- sfos 2/3.4 and 4

Do you have SFOS 2.XX zip CM12.1 last version?

If i would like to uninstall one sfos or android rom how to do it? if i push on trash icon next to rom it will delete all files from this rom?

for all users here, cm13 base: is video recording work?

- Any help to install LineageOS 18.1 on my nexus 5 with my config:

Stock Android 6.0.1 (Marshmallow) and SFOS version 2.0.1.11 / hammerhead-SFOS-34024-CM121-20201101 / sailfishos-hammerhead-release-4.0.1.48-CM121 (MultiROM).

multirom-20160207-v33-hammerhead.zip installed

kernel_kexec_hammerhead_601 installed

TWRP_multirom_hammerhead_20150630 installed

Thank you
Install SFOS 2.0:
You can find info about how to install sfos 2.0 here. (Be aware that QT5 is very old on that Rom, so many things will not work at all. Although, I have configured and been using google play on sfos 2.0.4.13 as one of my Roms. So, it depends on your situation whether you find a good use case for this version or just experiment with it.) On this website, you'll find info about how to install sfdroid, but that only work fine with sfos 1.9.x or 2.0.1.11 I don't remember which one.)

Delete in Multirom:
In multirom TWRP if you delete a Rom, that will completely remove all contents including the room itself. (I have not tried the multirom app, I always delete/add Roms in TWRP, so I recommend you to do the same.)

Camera on CM13 based Rom:
Have you checked this topic? (This is for sfos with cm13 base.) It says
"Things that don't work:
  • Video recording
  • BT calls have bad quality"

Some has reported that the silica browser cannot display websites.
First, I thought this was down to the search engines I included in the first build. Therefore, I removed and published a second build without them. (This is what currently is available for download)
I've installed the build on my Nexus 5 and tested the browser. It worked fine.

Then, others also reported the browser didn't work, so I've tested it again and realised it stopped working for me too.
I've taken a closer look into it and seen the error message:
Code:
JavaScript error: resource://gre/modules/TelemetryEnvironment.jsm, line 1253: uncaught exception: 2147500037
JavaScript error: , line 0: uncaught exception: 2147500037
JavaScript error: file:///usr/lib/mozembedlite/components/EmbedLiteSearchEngine.js, line 56: uncaught exception: 2147500037
JavaScript error: file:///usr/lib/mozembedlite/components/EmbedLiteSearchEngine.js, line 56: NS_ERROR_FAILURE: Failure'Failure' when calling method: [nsIBrowserSearchService::getEngines]
JavaScript error: , line 0: uncaught exception: 2147500037
[D] QMozSecurity::importState:243 - Security state could not be imported: empty status
This is happening when the app is started by the icon. However, when it is started from the command line (sailfish-browser), there is no error message and it does work fine.

I'll try to find a solution for this but until then, here is a workaround. (Basically, start the browser without sailjal/firejail.)
  1. Start the browser from the command line or
  2. Amend the /usr/share/applications/sailfish-browser.desktop to have Exec=/usr/bin/sailfish-browser %U in it.

Announcement!

When I started working on my hammerhead port over a year ago, my main purpose was to combine the fresh sfos functions with the AD. To achieve this I needed to use the CM12.1 base.
Since I started, Jolla issued 5 updates and I learnt a lot working on keeping the hammerhead up to date with them. In the meantime, using my knowledge gained with the hammerhead, I ported sfos to my other devices too.

Working on all those devices, keeping them all up to date with the latest updates, is a very time-consuming task. (Porting is a hobby for me.)

My free time is limited and I alone simply cannot fix all problems in all my ported devices. This means, some problems on some devices are never fixed because I jumped on a new update rather than dig into a problem and trying to fix it.

The other important thing is with the latest sfos update (4.0), AD completely has completely stopped working on the hammerhead. This means, my aim has lost its original purpose.

Based on the reasons, I have decided to stop working on some of my ports including the hammerhead (and the Galaxy S2 - i9100).
For the hammerhead, the last sfos version from me was the 4.0.1.48.
(Apologies if this is bad news and causes problems.)

It was fun, I got loads of support and got the chance to contact many kind and helpful people and I've got lots of appreciation too. Thank you all very much for these. I'd like to highlight @mautz because he helped me to get my very first hammerhead build up and running and since then he's been hosting the OTA updates for my builds.

I'll keep my other two ports the treltexx (Galaxy Note 4) and N7000 (Galaxy Note) alive and focusing on fixing some problems in them. In the future maybe I'll pick the hammerhead up again, but I don't promise anything.

Of course, I'll remain part of this community and will happily help if I can.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to edp17 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jun 2021 @ Germany, near Lübeck
Originally Posted by edp17 View Post
This instruction has helped somebody else, so you too can try.

I think the problem is the kernel.

I would go back to Android (6.0) and start everything from scratch again. (Root, multirom, then install secondary roms.)

This is how I set up and use my Nexus 5:
(I mentioned Ubuntu Touch here because I started with that first, then I moved to Sailfish OS.)

1. unlock boot loader
- adb reboot bootloader
- fastboot oem unlock
2. root (Info)
CF-Auto-Root
3. MultiRom with Ubuntu Touch repo (Info and Info about multirom):
- install 1-MultiROMMgr_withUT.apk (multirom with UbuntuTouch repo) with adb (Info):
- adb install 1-MultiROMMgr_withUT.apk
4. reboot recovery and install:
- kernel: kernel_kexec_hammerhead_601.zip
- multirom recovery: multirom-20160207-v33-hammerhead.zip
5. reboot android, start MultiRom and install Ubuntu Touch
6. SailFish OS (Info):
- boot into recovery: Advanced -> MultiROM -> Add ROM
- Choose "SailfishOS" as ROM type.
- Choose first CyanogenMod ZIP and then SailfishOS ZIP. Click install.

I have uploaded all files to my storage and made them available for you. So you don't need to hunt them together from the websites I linked in as Info at each step. However, I recommend to read them to get an overview.

I usually use one of these twrps. (With the newer one you can install Ubuntu Touch but cannot flash a zip on a secondary from. With the older you can flash a zip on a secondary from, but cannot install UT.): TWRP_multirom_hammerhead_20150630 or TWRP_multirom_hammerhead_20160210
Hello, I do not know what I am doing wrong.

My N5 had Ubuntu Touch on it and I wanted to make Sailfish OS and version 3.3.x.x on it as the only system now.
Points 1 -2 were already done (Ubuntu was running).
Do I also need point 3 and if so how ? (At the moment there is no system on the N5.
TWRP 2015 is installed on me because I only want to have Sailfish.
Point 4 is done and point 5 I do not want.
Point 6 Without error message also done, but now my N5 is stuck in the bootlogo.

what am I doing wrong ?

Thanks for your help

Greetings
Steffen

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Tags
hammerhead, nexus5, sailfishos, sfdroid