Posts: 213 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Barbados
I've heard that the MicroSD with adaptor combination is flaky. Has that been most people's experience?

Posts: 41 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Toronto
Originally Posted by dbec10 View Post
I've heard that the MicroSD with adaptor combination is flaky. Has that been most people's experience?
I've been using an 8GB Micro with adapter for about 8 months now without problems. However I very rarely change the card.

Michael

That was one of the reasons I made the adapter mod

Thanks

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
It has not been mine.

Well, I've had a couple adapters in the life of mine, and so long as you aren't taking it in and out constantly, it's fine. When you get an adapter, just be sure of two things. 1) it fits snug to the microsd card, and 2) it fits snug in the device so that you get good contact all around.

Posts: 91 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ Pacific NW
Yeah, I just discovered dummy me I tried to insert the internal Micro SD that was on my N800, but no cigar it was too big for the N810.

I realized that I needed to get a Mobile adapter which is smaller than the adapter size that fits the N800.
So, far I think the largest Mobile Micro card is 8GB

You mean you tried to insert the standard SD that was in your n800. The n800 used a standard SD card, the n810 uses a miniSD. Of course, you can also use micro in either assuming you use the appropriate adapter.

Posts: 99 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Philadelphia, PA
I'm currently using a 16GB microSD card with miniSD adapter in my N810. No problems coming from the 8GB microSD card that I was using, though Canola performance seems to a slightly lower when accessing songs. This is likely due to the larger size and the slower speed rating of the 16GB card.

lol. That's why I've gotten to a point where I don't get cards any less than class 6 anymore. It's just not worth it. The only exception is if the card is being used for long term storage, and then class 2 or 4 work fine. But if it's being used for anything that requires speed of access, nothing less than class 6 will do. Even if I have to wait a long time to get a class 6, I'm content to wait.