Notices

Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Originally Posted by ajack View Post
The thread is rather long so please forgive me if this is already done, but does the OMP support PnP yet? Am asking as there is talk to replace the Nokia developed MP...
The list of extra features/differences are here.
http://wiki.maemo.org/OMP

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gidzzz View Post
But does that patch actually change anything? As I have written above, I can't test it. OMP sends commands to MAFW with the help of libmafw.

And one more thing: are you sure that QDBus::BlockWithGui is safe to use? For example what do you think about this scenario:
1.I try to set the ringtone, causing SingleAlbumView:nRingingToneUriReceived() to be called.
2.A D-Bus message is sent and an event loop is started, so I can keep working wit the GUI.
3.I choose to close the window.
4.The window is destroyed.
5.A D-Bus reply arrives, control goes back to SingleAlbumView:nRingingToneUriReceived().
6.QMaemo5InformationBox is shown with this (SingleAlbumView) as parent, but this had been destroyed -- BAM!
Hm right, rather not use it.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
Originally Posted by pali View Post
Hm right, rather not use it.
If it could be checked at the end of dbus arrival whether it's still valid. But the bug didn't exist until the latest version. The one before should work alright

Projects no longer actively developed: here

The Following User Says Thank You to marmistrz For This Useful Post:
did anyone else manage to reproduce bug I mentioned a while back.
Pause a video
Turn off screen with slider and leave for a while (haven't found a specific length yet).
When turning screen back on, video frame is replaced with black screen, pause/next/prev background is not same black as rest of screen and in worst cases the actual button images aren't rendered either.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
Pause a video
Turn off screen with slider and leave for a while (haven't found a specific length yet).
When turning screen back on, video frame is replaced with black screen, pause/next/prev background is not same black as rest of screen and in worst cases the actual button images aren't rendered either.

The Following User Says Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Android_808 View Post
Pause a video
I think the renderer goes into standby mode, thus no longer displays the video on OMP's window. It happens in the stock player too. Speaking of disappearing buttons, I have been seeing that quite frequently when experimenting with different ways of displaying the video, so I believe it somehow might be possible, but it has never occurred to me in any published version.

Oh, and it is update time!
  • Modified the portrait layout in Now Playing.
  • Added an icon to the button in playlist picker.
  • Views in Now Playing can be cycled in the reverse order by swiping the cover area from left to right or with Ctrl+Shift+Space.
  • Extensive changes in the video playback window, most notably:
    • fixed a failure to reset saved playback position,
    • fixed a failure to resume from saved playback position,
    • fixed a failure to start video playback when music is playing,
    • fixed jumpy resuming from pause,
    • keyboard shortcuts to control playback progress work at the same rate as their touch counterparts and without the initial delay,
    • prevented skipping to another video and playing it in the background if an error has occurred,
    • panels use background color from theme.
  • Changing view mode in video browser no longer causes an empty list if a filter is present.
  • Fixed wrong size of lyrics area (too much space or unable to scroll) after changing songs with lyrics hidden.
  • Fixed wrong size of list items in the video browser after changing device orientation when in category mode.
  • Fixed an occasional crash that occurred when trying to play an unavailable bookmarked video stream and possibly in other situations.
  • Some packaging and build tweaks.
  • Updated translations: Hungarian (thanks to salmi), Russian.

Traditionalist can download from the repository, thumb-lovers should click here.

If you do not like the new layout in Now Playing because you involuntarily keep hitting lyrics or songs in the list instead of the compacted cover area, please give yourself a few days to adjust before complaining.

If you are not amused by the new background color in the video playback window, I agree that the old one had a nice cinematic feeling to it, but I have finally changed it because it looks pretty bad with some themes.

As you can see in the changelog, I have fixed the problem with scrolling of the lyrics, but I have never managed to reproduce the wall of text (http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...postcount=1394). However, there is a slight chance that it has also been fixed along the way, so I probably will not start to investigate it deeper in the nearest future, unless someone confirms that the bug can be encountered in version 20130804 or later.

Another thing that I am interested to hear about after today's update is if those rapidly opening and closing ghost windows can still be encountered.

I also wonder if anyone apart from me finds the option to force a language useful? It was originally added to help me test translations, but now that I am planning to use LANG environment variable to detect language, the mentioned option could be removed. Forcing a language could then be accomplished by modifying the .desktop file.

The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to gidzzz For This Useful Post:
i did wonder if it was mafw or dsp related. if i find a more reliable way to reproduce button error, if it still occurs, i'll post it here.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
@gidzzz
long-startup-after-reboot-bug is still here with this new version.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to artpra For This Useful Post:
artpra, please check if the executable from the attached archive is locked down on startup too.

Edit: I think the method of launching OMP can be significant here, so the safest approach to perform the test would be to replace /usr/bin/openmediaplayer with the provided executable. And speaking of how OMP is launched, do you use modified D-Bus service (as described in the wiki) and stock player's icon?
Attached Files
File Type: gz openmediaplayer-test.tar.gz (401.4 KB, 75 views)

Last edited by gidzzz; 2013-08-05 at 14:51.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gidzzz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 502 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ /dev/null
I installed (thumb version) and ran it, I must admit that I'm extremely impressed. Open Media Player main UI looks just like Media Player (standard), every other portion of what Media Player (standard) looked like Open Media Player has it replicated. There's no way one would be easily able to tell which is which if say the .desktop icon is referenced as Media Player (standard).

Whenever I see work on this Open Media Player I kept looking at the first page of this thread and it looked the same as when the project first started. That has been deceiving me for quite sometime now as I realised. This project is worthy of being included into CSSU I reckon.

If I may add one feature request, that is to scale down the video (which the user is playing on the screen) to whatever size for hildon-desktop sets it as a background task. In other words, when say a user is playing and watching a video, all of the sudden they receive a message or some other notification. They want to be able to switch out of the Open Media Player and see the list of programs running in the background whilst Open Media Player is still playing that video. Some may recall this feature was once available in the Media Player (standard) but they have made it to pause the video once the user tries to switch task. This feature was also notable in the N900 teaser/trailer video where the user was playing the trailer video "9", switching out of the Media Player (stock) and then into hildon-home. Open Media Player can almost do the same thing except when viewing in the list of programs running, the video tends to be cropped instead of scaled down.

Apart from that, this is a very worthy alternative to the Media Player (standard)!, a few notable lags here and there (when compared to Media Player (standard) but nothing too serious/major.

I just streamed a music from internet radio using Open Media Player, first time doing it and I realised there was no way to set the buffer size. Maybe another feature request (if possible) would be great!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tuxsavvy For This Useful Post:

Tags
libplayback, mag 4 prez, media, open source, player, portrait mode, re-write, remake, reverse