Posts: 654 | Thanked: 2,368 times | Joined on Jul 2014 @ UK
My TOHKBD arrived today!

Still getting used to the layout (I know the arrows are on the left, but my thumbs still autopilot to the right!) and the keys are stil very stiff, but i like it a lot. It feels so good to be able to reclaim the whole screen for displaying things instead of having half of it eaten by a virtual keyboard.

My phone part doesn't fit very well along one long edge, like it isn't clipped in properly, but no matter how much i press it it won't snap into place. Initially the board wasn't seated properly in the case at one end and the TOH wouldn't fit on the phone at all, but i managed to press that into position (tight fit!).

The backplate on the keyboard part doesn't fit in the case at one end and it is making the keypad bow slightly, so I guess I'll have to take it apart and sand it down. I read it's glued in, is it secured with adhesive tape like the stuff often used to fix tablet display assemblies to frames?

One more thing... the software is awesome, all the options I wanted and more! Thanks Kimmo, and thanks to Dirk and Andrew for their efforts, TOHKBD completes the Jolla for me

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Feathers McGraw For This Useful Post:
The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog...

Ahem. Sorry, don't mind me. Thanks Dirk, Kimmo and Andrew - mine arrived in the UK today. Looks surprisingly professional (I don't mean that to suggest my expectations were very low... it really does look like it could have been produced by a multinational company), a good fit, and seems to work pretty well! (couple of stiff keys, but I reckon they'll loosen up).

Last edited by MikeHG; 2015-07-30 at 21:50.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MikeHG For This Useful Post:
Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers!

It came woo! Little bit rusty but my fingers are adapting to the layout fairly quick - ondevice programming here I come!

I was really chuffed when I saw your names printed in the inside cover, really guys thanks for delivering on everything

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tetris11_ For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Feathers McGraw View Post
My phone part doesn't fit very well along one long edge, like it isn't clipped in properly, but no matter how much i press it it won't snap into place.
I had this too. See my earlier post:

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...90#post1476190

The Following User Says Thank You to ssahla For This Useful Post:
(if this is not the right thread, mods feel free to move/delete)

@kimmoli - Ive noticed that long established universal shortcuts aren't being registered in browsers: stock, webcat, and webpirate.

* ctrl+x, ctrl+v, and ctrl+c dont register.

Is this to do with the right control characters being sent (if such exist), or are all three of these mobile apps not built with keyboard functionality in mind, or is Jolla's clipboard getting in the way?

* other navigation shortcuts like alt+left, backspace, and alt+right are not picked up either.

Edit: okay I got copy cut paste to work in webcat (and presumably webpirate too) by changing the user agent to Desktop, but still no alt-dpad navigation.

Last edited by tetris11_; 2015-07-31 at 15:54.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tetris11_ For This Useful Post:
Is there anywhere where one can still order a TOHKBD? I did not have the funds to do so until now.

Posts: 123 | Thanked: 268 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Helsinki, Finland
I think Dirk told earlier on this thread that TOHKBD2 is sold out. You might want periodically check in
http://funkyotherhalf.com/?page_id=9

You might want to contact funkyotherhalf and request one. If there are enough requests, who knows, maybe the guys will run another batch.

Otherwise you can try to buy one when they appear for sale, if that fails, you can build your own (schemas and drawings will likely be available).

There are naturally more drastic options for aqquiring one. Not recommended.

Originally Posted by taixzo View Post
Is there anywhere where one can still order a TOHKBD? I did not have the funds to do so until now.
Check in the Buy & Sell section of this forum. Have seen couple of ads saying TOHKBD2 for sale..

http://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=27

Last edited by yawuji; 2015-07-31 at 13:38.

Posts: 1,104 | Thanked: 5,652 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Holland
Originally Posted by Tsippaduida View Post
I think Dirk told earlier on this thread that TOHKBD2 is sold out. You might want periodically check in
http://funkyotherhalf.com/?page_id=9

You might want to contact funkyotherhalf and request one. If there are enough requests, who knows, maybe the guys will run another batch.\
I do not know how to make it anymore clear than the info on the shop page. It already haz *official* tags around it. No.

The Following User Says Thank You to dirkvl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 654 | Thanked: 2,368 times | Joined on Jul 2014 @ UK
Originally Posted by ssahla View Post
I had this too. See my earlier post:

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...90#post1476190
Just wanted to confirm that this worked for me. I used a fairly fine file instead of sandpaper, didn't have to take much off at all before it snapped in nicely (the board of the contact pad is still not flush with the edge of the circuitboard, so I could take off more if necessary).

Thanks again for the pointer. I think my keys are starting to loosen up a bit too

I still need to take a bit off one corner of the carbon backplate so it fits in the case of the keyboard part. Can anyone confirm whether I'll have to re-apply glue if I take the back off, or is it the kind of glue that will remain tacky?

The Following User Says Thank You to Feathers McGraw For This Useful Post:

Tags
keyboard, kickstarter, other half, tohkbd