Posts: 560 | Thanked: 423 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Switzerland
Forget ovi maps, IMHO they are nod very good and incomplete.
I just bought Sygics Mobile Maps and am very happy with them. I would say they are worth the money I spent.
CacheMe 4 the N9, a geocaching client / MiniBible, a bible viewer / TheWord brings daily bible verses onto your phone / BatteryGraph to monitor the battery drainage / doublepress2unlock to unlock your phone with a double press onto the power button / GPRS Data Usage to monitor your GPRS data usage /
and more...

On N900 check out this: SleepAnalyser to analyse your sleep movements / PasswordMaker a for a password generator

Posts: 549 | Thanked: 299 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Australian in the Philippines
If you want something easy, that works straight after installation, then move along, nothing to see here... However...

If you want turn by turn with voice, support for Garmin maps, OSM, and maybe others, the ability to do route calculation off line, POI's, bookmarks, and on and on, then take a look at Navit.

Latest armel build is 3684 (17 November 2010) which works well for me. You'll need to hunt around to find working XML config files, or spend a few hours tweaking the defaults to your liking.

You can find it here

The Following User Says Thank You to dchky For This Useful Post:
gave sygic mobile maps10 a test run whilst driving across the uk and out of london last weekend, im very impressed, i expect ill be putting down my 40 euros for it when the trial runs out, when it comes to turn by turn navigation with voice im prepared to shell out £35 UK for a quality app like this rather than despeately try to find a free solution that might end up being more buggy and time consuming to get working. Everything else on the n900 im happy to mess about with, navigation app ill take a polished product.

Yes we feel like nokia owe us Flash10 and Turnbyturn but time has shown that we aint getting either and theres not alot were going to be able to do about it. no massive love for nokia for that but they never promised either and its the device were here for not the corporation that made it.

Shell out for sygic imho (and mention flash10 n900 suport when you pray )

the app called GeePS interfaces with google maps and is loads better than ovi maps it does need to be online but i'll give u sat pics as well as turn my turn - unfortunately it doesnt read them out so it aint too useful

Posts: 127 | Thanked: 49 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Ipswich, Uk
I already have the sygic maps on my phone and yep the trial is up.... very good though it was it crash once on a run from Ipswich to Brightlinsea... that wasn't good as I was right on a major roundabout when it froze so I had to take pot luck..!!! I checked out the price of the upgrade.. this as I worked it out was £28 ish. Me thinks I don't have a choice... Thanks for nothing Nokia...I feel well cheated.

Tags
maps, n900, turn by turn directions, wayfinder licence