Originally Posted by kraker_abhy View Post
After latest updated my N900 is unable to read memory card after putting back cover on, it requires reboot every time to read it, i tried to mount \dev\mmcblk1p1 but it showed can't find error, Kindly suggest how to solve this problem. Thanks
Try with:
Code:
mount -t vfat /dev/mmcblk1p1 /home/user/MyDocs -o rw,noauto,nodev,noexec,nosuid,noatime,nodiratime,utf8,uid=29999,shortname=mixed,dmask=000,fmask=0133,rodir
It's not DOS, keep track of your backslashes But, it's not related to Thumb (at all) - if you have further problems, move it somewhere else, please (cssu-testing thread, if you think cssu is to be blamed for your auto-mounting problems, which I seriously doubt).

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
On a recently flashed device with only the following installed:

- Bootmenu
- Uboot
- KPv52
- Backupmenu
- Recovery console
- CSSU Testing 9.1

I have installed CSSU Thumb. All using HAM.

Checking installed packages I can see that the following have not been pulled from the Thumb repository:

- libxml2 2.8.0+dfsg1-7maemo0+0cssu1+thumb0
- rtcom-eventlogger-async 0.1-maemo1+0cssu0+thumb0

and appear as upgradable packages using plain apt. Maybe dependencies are not correct in the MP?

Besides, before installing CSSU Thumb, my rootfs had 85Mb free, and after installation it 'only' has 88Mb free, and it's an almost pristine system without anything else installed. What am I missing here?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ivgalvez For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,102 | Thanked: 1,937 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
Probably a reboot?

The Following User Says Thank You to michaaa62 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by michaaa62 View Post
Probably a reboot?
Absolutely not.

By the way, is Busybox-power 1.22.1power1 entering the Thumb repo any time soon?

The Following User Says Thank You to ivgalvez For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ivgalvez View Post
Absolutely not.
Do you have a huge number of repos enabled, which might produce a bigger /var/lib/ directory?
Is /var/cache/apt a symlink to some place in /opt or /home ?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to michaaa62 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by michaaa62 View Post
Do you have a huge number of repos enabled, which might produce a bigger /var/lib/ directory?
Is /var/cache/apt a symlink to some place in /opt or /home ?
No, HAM only knows about Nokia repos, CSSU Testing/Thumb and Extras (no devel, no testing).

/var/cache/apt/ is symlinked to /opt.

Anyway, the question here is that having CSSU Testing, installing Thumb didn't free the expected space.

The Following User Says Thank You to ivgalvez For This Useful Post:
Posts: 76 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ India
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Try with:
Code:
mount -t vfat /dev/mmcblk1p1 /home/user/MyDocs -o rw,noauto,nodev,noexec,nosuid,noatime,nodiratime,utf8,uid=29999,shortname=mixed,dmask=000,fmask=0133,rodir
It's not DOS, keep track of your backslashes But, it's not related to Thumb (at all) - if you have further problems, move it somewhere else, please (cssu-testing thread, if you think cssu is to be blamed for your auto-mounting problems, which I seriously doubt).

/Estel
Thanks for your quick response, it still says /dev/mmcblk1p1 not found. I have to restart each time which is painful.
I actually don't know what caused this problem (mount/umount of mmc card after back cover placement), but it was working totally fine with CSSU testing, once i updated it to thumb it got problem, same thing happened after flashing even so i am clueless.

The Following User Says Thank You to kraker_abhy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
@kraker_abhy,
Most likely a coincidence. What you describe sounds like a hardware problem, probably a loose magnet (you know that the N900 detects the back cover closed by a magnet sensor, right?). Either way the fact that a reflash has not solved it says clearly that it is not a Thumb problem and as such is off-topic in this thread. Please try posting in one of about a dozen "SD not recognized" threads or start a new one.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ivgalvez View Post
No, HAM only knows about Nokia repos, CSSU Testing/Thumb and Extras (no devel, no testing).

/var/cache/apt/ is symlinked to /opt.

Anyway, the question here is that having CSSU Testing, installing Thumb didn't free the expected space.
Well, some more questions...
Please try get some output of these commands
Code:
du -kx /| sort -n| tail -n 30
dpkg -l | grep thumb

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to michaaa62 For This Useful Post:

Tags
code size, dinosaurs, fmg ftw!, fmg.da.king, performance, thumb, thumb life