Originally Posted by lfcobra View Post
I have similar lock ups but generally only on websites that use flash heavily. I normally dont have to restart the phone, I just keep clicking the close X and eventually the OS will pop up a "this webpage is not responding, do you want to close?" If I say yes all instances of the browser are closed. Kinda sucks but after that I can reopen the browser and its good as new.
Just press the power button, and on the popup select kill "End current task" and you are good to go.

Posts: 1,217 | Thanked: 446 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Bedfordshire, UK
Originally Posted by lfcobra View Post
I have similar lock ups but generally only on websites that use flash heavily. I normally dont have to restart the phone, I just keep clicking the close X and eventually the OS will pop up a "this webpage is not responding, do you want to close?" If I say yes all instances of the browser are closed. Kinda sucks but after that I can reopen the browser and its good as new.
The other issue that has been sometimes found with this issue and Flash is that Flash can sometimes end up running in the background disconnected from the original thread (which was just killed). This tends to lead to horrific power drain (see relevant threads) so keep an eye on the battery too.

Posts: 370 | Thanked: 443 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Italy
To kill the current process - as already pointed out - it is enough to push the power button and select 'terminate current process' or equivalent in other languages
I agree that a more advance kill would be nice, I have been bitten from a flash still working in the background, too, with a superfast draining battery and a hot device as symptoms. Fastest way to clear the.matter, if you are not experienced in using the terminal, is to reboot the device. Otherwise a simple top followed by a kill is enough.
A suggestion when a Maemo Talk page is locked but the .browser seems to respond, is to reload it by simply pressing CTRL+R, it could be due to an only partial load of javascript code present in the page.

Posts: 589 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ london
Originally Posted by jurop88 View Post
To kill the current process - as already pointed out - it is enough to push the power button and select 'terminate current process' or equivalent in other languages
I agree that a more advance kill would be nice, I have been bitten from a flash still working in the background, too, with a superfast draining battery and a hot device as symptoms. Fastest way to clear the.matter, if you are not experienced in using the terminal, is to reboot the device. Otherwise a simple top followed by a kill is enough.
A suggestion when a Maemo Talk page is locked but the .browser seems to respond, is to reload it by simply pressing CTRL+R, it could be due to an only partial load of javascript code present in the page.

ok so there is a basic end programme . i am not sure that will allways work mind. i would like a task manager . hopefully when firefox is sorted it will b able to handle certain sites better.