Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,522 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ São Paulo, Brazil
I wanna have an email account, using the builtin program, that i can hide and unhide whenever i want, and i don't want it consuming battery and bandwidth/bytes while it is hidden; and this all while having another email account there working as usual; other than just adding and removing an account all the time does anyone got any suggestions?

Posts: 1,187 | Thanked: 816 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Australia
Just tell your wife you're having an affair

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kingoddball For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by TiagoTiago View Post
I wanna have an email account, using the builtin program, that i can hide and unhide whenever i want, and i don't want it consuming battery and bandwidth/bytes while it is hidden; and this all while having another email account there working as usual; other than just adding and removing an account all the time does anyone got any suggestions?
OMG - you mean MODEST ?
yuk.

You could run the hidden one in CLAWS with notifications turned off,
with your regular stuff in the MODEST but otherwise not sure.
You should be able to hide CLAWS into background
- it does not use much battery/bandwidth - just edit the lanch script perhaps.

My Mods for Wonko's Advanced Clock Plugin:
ISO8601 clock mod and Momental_IST clock mod

Printing your Email with the N900

Originally Posted by kingoddball View Post
Just tell your wife you're having an affair
lmao

he should maybe the wife will appreciate the honesty and reward him with a 3some

Posts: 1,522 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ São Paulo, Brazil
Nah, nothing like that, i would never willingly get involved in an exclusivelly monogamic relationship.

What happens is i let my friends and family play with my N900 somtimes and i would rather not have them accidently stumble on my "adult" conversations and things like that. I already use two differents email address keeping that in mind, but it's quite annoying to log in and out and use the webmail client in general, and i enjoy the simplicity and integration of the default email client in the N900.

i would never let anyone touch my n900 thats just as bad as an affair lol

yes..u can have a secret email account..just dont reveal ur email id to any1 else..it shall be a secret then.. :P

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Nah, nothing like that, i would never willingly get involved in an exclusivelly monogamic relationship.
(FYI, the word's monogamous, not monogamic; though I prefer monoamorous since monogamy implies the marriage model as well as the loving relationship model, rather than just the loving relationship model by itself. And it makes conversations on the topic messy.) I can respect that - so long as it's openly out there and all partners involved are always uncoerced and concenting. In fact, I almost thanked your post just on that comment alone - refrained from it because at the end of the day though, I don't know enough about you to be certain it's a thanks-worthy statement in context.

What happens is i let my friends and family play with my N900 somtimes and i would rather not have them accidently stumble on my "adult" conversations and things like that. I already use two differents email address keeping that in mind, but it's quite annoying to log in and out and use the webmail client in general, and i enjoy the simplicity and integration of the default email client in the N900.
I think the reason this isn't gaining much traction is because there's already multiple email clients, other than Modest (the built-in one), and most developers who can improve it probably don't use it, or use it because they're satisfied with what features it has.

Me personally, I just don't like always being logged in, so I never ran into the problem. But I can more than understand the desire for more convenient secrecy. Perhaps try some of the other non-standard email clients. If any of them has an easy-to-use feature like that, great, if not, it's probably easier to submit a feature request to the one you like the most than to try to get people to develop one for Modest. But frak if I know. *Shrug*

Any 'ways' of doing what you're suggesting that I can think of (with my limited coding knowledge) would require at the very least changing some elements of Modest itself. Nothing you can do with just a script or settings tweeks. (Though you can probably have a script to log you in/out... It's still the same need to log in/out, but if you automated it'd be less of a pain in the ***.)

Last edited by Mentalist Traceur; 2010-12-23 at 07:34. Reason: Typo: FY = FYI

The Following User Says Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,187 | Thanked: 816 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Australia
Why not add an account in Easy Debian/Easy Fedora/Ubuntu?

Hide an email add in there?
All data will be safe (web based).

Posts: 752 | Thanked: 284 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Malaysia
Sure, you could use Ovi mail. Just create the email account 'secret-something'@ovi.com I'm sure no ones using Ovi mail.

Tags
email, modest, privacy, wanking