Posts: 161 | Thanked: 43 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Worcester
Hey this looks good. Gona heed their warning though and wait for an installer. Phone calls must be just round the corner.

Posts: 102 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Kolkata, India
installation is really simple if you have the previous version running..although i installed via ubuntu so..it was easier for me..format your existing ext3 partition..copy rootfs onto the partition.
Then on the phone on xterm first type sudo gainroot
then mkdir /and
then mount /dev/mmcbkl1p2 /and
then simply run dpkg -i /home/user/MyDocs/.nitroid/nitdroid-ke(press tab it will auto complete the filename)
and press enter.
Reboot select your ooption on multi boot

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lohiaprateek For This Useful Post:
woot. does google maps work?

Posts: 115 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Mexico
Originally Posted by lohiaprateek View Post
installation is really simple if you have the previous version running..although i installed via ubuntu so..it was easier for me..format your existing ext3 partition..copy rootfs onto the partition.
Then on the phone on xterm first type sudo gainroot
then mkdir /and
then mount /dev/mmcbkl1p2 /and
then simply run dpkg -i /home/user/MyDocs/.nitroid/nitdroid-ke(press tab it will auto complete the filename)
and press enter.
Reboot select your ooption on multi boot
That is to install nitdroid on the emmc right?
Can you tell me how to do it step by step please?

Posts: 102 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Kolkata, India
that is to install on sdcard not emmc..

Is there anyway to copy the rootfs to ext3 partion from within maemo as running windows pc so no accsess to that partion

thanks.

Posts: 119 | Thanked: 79 times | Joined on May 2009 @ Brasilia, Brazil
This is to install it in the memory card, IF you have already installed older versions through nitdroid-installer before.

Booting the new version as I write this. The new Bootsplash looks awesomely professional. AMAZING work!

I've been looking at some ways to repartition the N900 eMMC, and it seems quite the complicated affair. Hope it gets to its prime time before too long. Want to see this thing blazing through! =))

Already donated to the project (not much, but hey, I'm a freelance translator! not swimming in money here), but I'm seriously considering donating again. The kick-assness of this is just brilliant.

EDIT: just noticed the bootsplash is the android default one. Small excitement-driven optical illusion there made me think that they had nitdroid to look exactly like android in the bootscreen (which in my mind kinda looked amazing).

Last edited by Bobbe; 2010-09-07 at 23:25.

Originally Posted by mistman View Post
Is there anyway to copy the rootfs to ext3 partion from within maemo as running windows pc so no accsess to that partion

thanks.
I did

Code:
mkfs.ext3 /dev/mmcblk1p2
mkdir /and
mount /dev/mmcblk1p2 /and
bunzip2 /path/to/your/.bz2/file
This last one makes the image file become a .tar. Then I did
Code:
tar -xvf /path/to/your/.tar -C /and
This copied the rootfs to that partition. I'm of course assuming you already have your memory card partitioned to go. The .bz2 file is obviously the rootfs image you downloaded from the nitdroid forum page.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bobbe For This Useful Post:
Guys I can't turn off Airplane mode (even though I don't remember turning it on).

Already tried the instructions at the Nitdroid Forum FAQ.

Anybody having the same problem?

It works great! really appreciate the progress!