Yes that was on the backburner in my mind.. I seen it mentioned twice now.. and I saw you ask a guy that does maemo porting for it...

So I'll try the debian port. There already is 0.0.19 in the debian repo's so I am sure whoever over at debian is reponsible for it will eventually update.. but I'll try this to get it out there now and see if it'll work for us.
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Yes, I have been asking around for it, since .19 seems so close to really good.

Midori is built. I will add it to the repo in just over an hour... but a question first:

Is there any links or directories need to be built to use midori with flash and the java apps?? Are there dependencies required to get the whole browser working??

If so tell me here and I will include them with the deb.. no user intervention necessary.

I'll also be adding a new mpd deb that will hopefully get around the mpd installation problem mentioned over in the challenges.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
I would steal the dependencies etc. from the control files from the official Debian build.

Originally Posted by qole View Post
I would steal the dependencies etc. from the control files from the official Debian build.
It did that for me (i verified it) .. I was just curious if you had to do anything special to get flash and stuff to work.. I don't have internet with it atm and can't test.. but heading home and will figure it out .

It seems to use the plugins from Iceweasel, just like all the other browsers I've tried... So if you have stskeeps' libflashplayer.so hack then it will work.

BTW: "I don't have Internet ATM" begs the question... how are you posting?!

LOL... I said I don't have internet with it... I was at work and since Deblet doesn't do DUN (and I prefer not to use DUN unless I have too) then I could bluetooth files TO it.. but it itself didn't have internet.

Midori added to the repo ... works for me but I dont use any pages with Java apps to test ... flash works.

Hey fatalsaint, I've been thinking... Perhaps you should build empty packages called "hal-chroot" and "dbus-chroot" that claim to provide the hal and dbus stuff, so chroot users won't constantly get errors trying to install stuff that doesn't work... I'm not sure if this is something for Deblet, but it seems to me to be a good idea for people who want to use vanilla Debian (as opposed to Deblet)

hmm.... I'm going to think about this some more... I think this is something I should discuss with Stskeeps; a chroot-only Deblet that installs a very basic debootstrap rootfs, my Alsa config files, empty hal and dbus stuff, the flash player hack, some form of the xpice script, and the Easy Debian scripts... there really doesn't need to be much more, since we're not booting. Alternately, we can host those packages on your repository, and install them from a basic rootfs (about 42MB compressed) that I could keep on qole.maemobox.org...

Sure... just let me know the direction you guys want..
The problem I see is that a dbus-chroot that "provides" dbus with a higher version will actually cause it to be the default for non-chroot people too..

Instead maybe a dbus-chroot that simply modifies the inst scripts that fail .. but it would require the user to "apt-get install dbus-chroot" which will fix the dbus script..

That what you mean?

Other alternative is to have a deblet-chroot repo for chroot only scripts... but thats would mean chroot users would need to add two repo's.. not one...

Originally Posted by fatalsaint View Post
The problem I see is that a dbus-chroot that "provides" dbus with a higher version will actually cause it to be the default for non-chroot people too..
Well, from what I've seen, it should not need a version number if it "provides" a certain package. And you only apt-get install dbus-chroot if you're using the chroot. Then all apps depending on dbus will see that dbus is "installed" and they won't bother pulling in the real dbus package.

Tags
debian, deblet