You da man!
(cheesy chicks in the background)
"He's the Man!"
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

Originally Posted by fatalsaint View Post
Ok.. New note:

Don't run the bootmenu installer from SD (at least for me).
I left out the rest of the quote to save forum space.
I reinstalled PB's bootmenu. Now, the only boot choices I have are "Internal flash" and "Internal MMC card, p2, ext2," to which I cloned the OS.
Now what?
Thanks

Was the external inserted at the time?? I've never had a problem with Penguinbait's discovering all 3, flash, internal and external. (you did just the bootmenu-installer right? not the install-tools one?)

What does your external partition scheme look like?
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
Need someone to test something.. could one of you test the latest installer deb (just install installer, not install deblet), and see if you after reboot of maemo start having icon issues (look at wifi "Searching" box, when selecting network)?
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

Ok i have i problem. i tried twice the ease install. And it shows up correctly in the bootmenu. But when i select it, it shows it is trying to boot and then a second a black screen and then it wil reboot again to the boot menu. Maeomo is still working fine. But ik can't boot into deblet. Any ideas?

Originally Posted by rwijnhov View Post
Ok i have i problem. i tried twice the ease install. And it shows up correctly in the bootmenu. But when i select it, it shows it is trying to boot and then a second a black screen and then it wil reboot again to the boot menu. Maeomo is still working fine. But ik can't boot into deblet. Any ideas?
What does dpkg -l bootmenu say? Also, what does the /etc/bootmenu.d/ item contain?
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

Let me see. Pls don't shoot me if my info is wrong but I am a bit of a linux noob. So i hope I give the right information:
the dpkg -l bootmenu says:
desired=unknown/install/remove/purged/hold
l status=nog/installed/config-files/unpacked/failed
-config/half-installed
l/ err?=(none)/hold/reinst-required/X=both-problmes
(status,err: uppercase=bad)
///name version description
+++=======================================
============================
il bootmenu 1.1-3 packaged fanoush
initfs with bootmenu.d abil
and the /etc/bootmenu.d/ contains
deblet-file-mmcblk1p1.item

tnx

Originally Posted by rwijnhov View Post
deblet-file-mmcblk1p1.item

tnx
Alright, bootmenu version seems correct - could you show me the contents of deblet-file-mmcblk1p1.item? And you're not that much of a noob if you were able to get me this info

Also, could i see the result of this command

cat /proc/mounts | grep mmcblk1p1

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Stskeeps, your sig seems broken, or maybe its your website, but I'm getting 404 not found.

I'm going to try out your installer this week... I'm going to pretend that I'm a newbie and try to install Debian, preferably to an image file.

The Following User Says Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by fatalsaint View Post
Was the external inserted at the time?? (you did just the bootmenu-installer right? not the install-tools one?)

What does your external partition scheme look like?
Yes. SD was inserted at the time.
I did just bootmenu-installer.
How do I show you my scheme?

Tags
debian, deblet, deblet bootmenu installer