Posts: 1,348 | Thanked: 1,863 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ fr/35/rennes
Originally Posted by pwrjjf View Post
Does the youtube app work on NITdroid/andriod when on the n770?
How usefull , so far there are no network connectivity , any of you investigated on the wifi, BT or usbnet interfaces ?

Originally Posted by littlestone View Post
Cool. Thanks the nitdroid team! I followed the guide and now it's on my 770 with 128MB swap on. A few questions though, how stable is it? Mine seems to crash regularly (maybe it's the cheap MMC). Does the WiFi work?
Hello, I have managed to launch NITdroid with the 0.3.2 rootfs on my 770, but I have not been successfull with newer ones (such as 0.4.2) so far: the startup stops at the "flashing logo" stage and the 770 finally reboots. I use the latest kernel prepared by Bundyo dated 12/23/08. What is your experience with latest rootfs ?

Posts: 109 | Thanked: 196 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Guatemala
0.4.2 should work on 770 but I don't have the hw to debug it. Can you connect via ADB when booting?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to solca For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by solca View Post
0.4.2 should work on 770 but I don't have the hw to debug it. Can you connect via ADB when booting?
Solca, I can connect via ADB or Dalvik Debug Monitor when booting (I have access to the filesystem and can run ADB commands). I have attached the booting log from Dalvik Debug Monitor. The booting seems to restart endlessly at some point in the starting process
Attached Files
File Type: zip log.zip (5.9 KB, 412 views)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Remy For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Remy View Post
Solca, I can connect via ADB or Dalvik Debug Monitor when booting (I have access to the filesystem and can run ADB commands). I have attached the booting log from Dalvik Debug Monitor. The booting seems to restart endlessly at some point in the starting process
First it seems you don't have a FAT partition on your MMC card.

Second something is generating a SIGBUS signal, as 0.3.2 works I would rule out bad memory but do you set up a swap file or partition for 0.4.2?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to solca For This Useful Post:
I have not tried yet to swapon my swap partition on the 0.4.2. I will try that. FYI, the 0.3.2 could start without swap but activating swap somehow improved system stability

I actually have a FAT32 partition on my MMC card (the first one)

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
I'll post tomorrow a diff of my kernel changes (they're not much anyway) and also the changes to the wifi drivers.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,348 | Thanked: 1,863 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ fr/35/rennes
Great Bundyo !

I am exited to test this, btw do you need to flash maemo again to update rootfs ?

Originally Posted by solca View Post
First it seems you don't have a FAT partition on your MMC card.

Second something is generating a SIGBUS signal, as 0.3.2 works I would rule out bad memory but do you set up a swap file or partition for 0.4.2?
I have converted the first partition of my MMC card from FAT32 to FAT16, and I have activated my swap partition during bootup through the ADB tool, but no success so far with the 0.4.2 rootfs

I also tried to activate swap at startup by adding [service swap /nokia/bin/busybox swapon /dev/block/mmcblk0p6
oneshot] at the end of the init.rd file. Is this command correct, as it doesn't seem to work (no swap is activated)?

The Following User Says Thank You to Remy For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Remy View Post
I have converted the first partition of my MMC card from FAT32 to FAT16, and I have activated my swap partition during bootup through the ADB tool, but no success so far with the 0.4.2 rootfs

I also tried to activate swap at startup by adding [service swap /nokia/bin/busybox swapon /dev/block/mmcblk0p6
oneshot] at the end of the init.rd file. Is this command correct, as it doesn't seem to work (no swap is activated)?
Swap is not required unless maybe on a N770 and it's not the problem, I just asked because if swap goes to a bad block device with errors weird things will happen including your SIGBUS signals.

Those SIGBUS errors could come from bugs in the compiler optimizations too as I optimize all the recent NITdroid releases for the N770 CPU (-march=armv5te -mtune=arm926ej-s) which is the lower common denominator.

In the next days will generate you a 0.4.2 filesystem without optimizations so you can check again. Thx!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to solca For This Useful Post:

Tags
android, nitdroid