From yesterday night to today my email accounts have disappeared from official program. I did no change meanwhile (just slept).

In the settings they seem ok, I have tried to disable and re-enable them without any change (and I also restarted the device). But in the mail program, it is said that I do not have any, and link to create new one (in an account page that is empty).

Does someone had the same problem? How can I solve or at least debug it? Do you know how to get the sync logs?

Last edited by antviro; 2016-01-18 at 22:56.

The Following User Says Thank You to antviro For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Oh yes. I have problems like that all the time. Seems to be related to disk I/O somehow, even though rebalancing does not help. It is just yet another Jolla quirk I have learned to live with but also yet another reason I would never recommend Jolla to anyone else.

The Following User Says Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 17 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Ireland
What space have you left on your device?
I've seen this when the fs is full or nearly full.

-Coley.

In my case, "nearly full" was about 5GB. Used, not left.

Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Oh yes. I have problems like that all the time. Seems to be related to disk I/O somehow, even though rebalancing does not help. It is just yet another Jolla quirk I have learned to live with but also yet another reason I would never recommend Jolla to anyone else.
Is it still there with the latest OS? That eliminates my last hope for getting Jolla tablet or future Sailfish devices, how can you survive with this bug's existence? In another word what's the use of an internet device cannot show emails? Even Lumias can show mails...

Last edited by chenliangchen; 2016-01-18 at 17:02.

The Following User Says Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by chenliangchen View Post
Is it still there with the latest OS?
It is in 2.0.0.10. There is apparently a newer release for select few but I have not received it yet.

The Following User Says Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by coley View Post
What space have you left on your device?
I've seen this when the fs is full or nearly full.

-Coley.
I have free 11Gb of 15Gb (/home), so it seems it is not such disk space bug that was affecting previous SFOS versions.

This is what I obtain when i try to sync one of my mail account while doing
journalctl -a -f|grep sync
Code:
ene 18 23:01:49 Jolla syncemail-client[5395]: [W] Buteo::TransportTracker::btConnectivityStatus:202 - This device does not have a BT adapter 
ene 18 23:01:50 Jolla syncemail-client[5395]: [W] QCopClient::connectToServer:1163 - void QCopClient::connectToServer() QLocalSocket::ConnectionRefusedError "QLocalSocket::connectToServer: Connection refused" 
ene 18 23:01:50 Jolla syncemail-client[5395]: [D] unknown:0 - Messaging :  opening database 
ene 18 23:01:50 Jolla syncemail-client[5395]: [W] QMailStorePrivate::ensureVersionInfo:4465 - Failed to create versioninfo table - query: "CREATE TABLE versioninfo (   tableName NVARCHAR (255) NOT NULL,   versionNum INTEGER NOT NULL,   lastUpdated NVARCHAR(20) NOT NULL,   PRIMARY KEY(tableName, versionNum))" - error: "database disk image is malformed Unable to execute statement" 
ene 18 23:01:50 Jolla syncemail-client[5395]: [D] EmailAgent::initMailServer:226 - void EmailAgent::initMailServer() Starting messageserver service... 
ene 18 23:01:50 Jolla syncemail-client[5395]: [W] SyncEmailClient::startSync:86 - virtual bool SyncEmailClient::startSync() IPC not connect yet, waiting.... 
ene 18 23:01:50 Jolla syncemail-client[5395]: [W] QCopClient::connectToServer:1163 - void QCopClient::connectToServer() QLocalSocket::ConnectionRefusedError "QLocalSocket::connectToServer: Connection refused" 
ene 18 23:01:50 Jolla syncemail-client[5395]: [D] EmailAgent::onIpcConnectionEstablished:480 - Ipc connection established, but no action in the queue. 
ene 18 23:01:51 Jolla syncemail-client[5395]: [W] QCopClient::connectToServer:1163 - void QCopClient::connectToServer() QLocalSocket::ConnectionRefusedError "QLocalSocket::connectToServer: Connection refused" 
ene 18 23:01:51 Jolla syncemail-client[5395]: [W] QCopClient::connectToServer:1163 - void QCopClient::connectToServer() QLocalSocket::ConnectionRefusedError "QLocalSocket::connectToServer: Connection refused"                             
ene 18 23:01:52 Jolla syncemail-client[5395]: [W] QCopClient::connectToServer:1163 - void QCopClient::connectToServer() QLocalSocket::ConnectionRefusedError "QLocalSocket::connectToServer: Connection refused"                             
ene 18 23:01:52 Jolla syncemail-client[5395]: [W] QCopClient::connectToServer:1163 - void QCopClient::connectToServer() QLocalSocket::ConnectionRefusedError "QLocalSocket::connectToServer: Connection refused"                             
ene 18 23:01:53 Jolla syncemail-client[5395]: [W] QCopClient::connectToServer:1163 - void QCopClient::connectToServer() QLocalSocket::ConnectionRefusedError "QLocalSocket::connectToServer: Connection refused"                             
ene 18 23:01:53 Jolla syncemail-client[5395]: [W] QCopClient::connectToServer:1163 - void QCopClient::connectToServer() QLocalSocket::ConnectionRefusedError "QLocalSocket::connectToServer: Connection refused"                             
ene 18 23:01:54 Jolla syncemail-client[5395]: [W] QCopClient::connectToServer:1163 - void QCopClient::connectToServer() QLocalSocket::ConnectionRefusedError "QLocalSocket::connectToServer: Connection refused"                             
ene 18 23:01:54 Jolla syncemail-client[5395]: [W] QCopClient::connectToServer:1163 - void QCopClient::connectToServer() QLocalSocket::ConnectionRefusedError "QLocalSocket::connectToServer: Connection refused"                             
ene 18 23:01:55 Jolla syncemail-client[5395]: [W] QCopClient::connectToServer:1163 - void QCopClient::connectToServer() QLocalSocket::ConnectionRefusedError "QLocalSocket::connectToServer: Connection refused"                             
ene 18 23:01:55 Jolla syncemail-client[5395]: [W] QCopClient::connectToServer:1163 - void QCopClient::connectToServer() QLocalSocket::ConnectionRefusedError "QLocalSocket::connectToServer: Connection refused"                             
ene 18 23:01:55 Jolla syncemail-client[5395]: [D] SyncEmailClient::triggerSync:141 - void SyncEmailClient::triggerSync() Starting scheduled sync for email account:  9                                                                       
ene 18 23:01:55 Jolla syncemail-client[5395]: [W] EmailAgent::executeCurrent:1113 - IPC not connected to execute background action, exiting...
In my opinion, there could be two options mail database has got corrupted due to any fail in the computer disk which is synced (through unison) with the mobile or by any fail at my mobile... I will remove sync from mail files, so that if happen once more bug can be more located.

Do you think I can debug anything more?

I plan to move .qmf to something like old.qmf and try to sync again, to see if it gets like the first time (that would be my action if it would happen in my computer).

I moved old .qmf to old.qmf and resync emails, and everything is working properly, it is fast to do in case it happens to anyone (better under wifi or good phone connection).

I will add to the unison ignore list the .qmf dir, to reduce risks or at least locate better the reasons.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to antviro For This Useful Post:

Tags
accounts, email