Hi. Had a quick browse, and couldn't find a relevant answer, so please forgive me if this has been asked a million times before.

Got my N800 today, and have updated to the latest 2008 OS release. I'm trying to install some of the key apps (Canola2, etc) to get going. Problem is, it seems to take forever to download them on the tablet, and before they complete, I get the error "Installation File Corrupted".

Is there a particular cause of this error? To save me time, is there any way to download the applications to an SD card on the PC and work from that?

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers.

Posts: 538 | Thanked: 168 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Seattle
You're going to find it challenging at best to grab any repositories today, that's why things are taking so long to download. There's a lot of traffic due to the OS update a couple of days ago. If you can wait a few days and try again after things have settled down you might have better luck.

The Following User Says Thank You to PinCushionQueen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
It is because of server overload... You timed out.

I generally go to the "Project Cloud" page @ Maemo garage and download the debs to a shared folder on my PC. I then install them on the tablet by browsing to the share in the tablets file manager...

>>https://garage.maemo.org/softwaremap/trove_cloud.php

This only works for apps that don't have dependencies on libraries found in other repositories though and Maemo Garage may require that you join first... I can't remember as I auto log on now.

Cheers for that. Had just stumbled upon that in the N800 thread and realised I didn't need to post this if I spent long enough browsing!

Will try again in a few days or summot.