Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
--- Done---

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:
Great things happen, when working #together http://youtu.be/6D6cw8Ob2sk

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nieldk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Schturman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
@nieldk You should take some inspiration from coderus' campaign - perks are what makes crowdfunding fun

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nodevel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nodevel View Post
@nieldk You should take some inspiration from coderus' campaign - perks are what makes crowdfunding fun
making people happy with my work is fun .
Seriously, it's really good to see the support that both me and coderus is getting.
This is showing the true power of a free community.

Last edited by nieldk; 2014-11-23 at 20:10.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nieldk For This Useful Post:
Steadily approaching my final goal
Thanks for all support guys

Just for the fun of it, added a few perks.
Get yours , NOW

Last edited by nieldk; 2014-11-23 at 17:56.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nieldk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Originally Posted by nieldk View Post
Good points there, and I agree. At least, I hope so
My 'child' is creating a flashable image for the Jolla device(s), but I will always listen to what users ask for, and when possible, try to help out.
I made the Toxic (commandline) client. I - at the moment - dont have enough skills for GUI stuff.
That, is also on my to-do list for the upcoming time.
Understood, also I reckon that having a fully flashable image is a useful tool for developers I gave you a symbolic heads up in equivalent of +/- 1% of my monthly income, friend
As a more average user I am not so much into CLI as I would like to be and to be honnest Jolla is not the most encouraging device to use a CLI on and that's why some of your repo's applications represent a true brain challenge to me.

Although I find you helpful in the comments section there is some "if you don't know what it is you don't need it" barrier and IMO a few more words on what functionality to expect on Jolla specifically would be welcome.

Good luck!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ste-phan For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ste-phan View Post
Understood, also I reckon that having a fully flashable image is a useful tool for developers I gave you a symbolic heads up in equivalent of +/- 1% of my monthly income, friend
As a more average user I am not so much into CLI as I would like to be and to be honnest Jolla is not the most encouraging device to use a CLI on and that's why some of your repo's applications represent a true brain challenge to me.

Although I find you helpful in the comments section there is some "if you don't know what it is you don't need it" barrier and IMO a few more words on what functionality to expect on Jolla specifically would be welcome.

Good luck!
Thanks for these words. And you are absolutely right, CLI is not for all.
Allthough I am no GUI guru there can be collaboration between my work, and those developers that actually can do GUI programming. Prey is the first example of this. I see other prospects for such co-working: tor and tox are obvious.
So, do I leave out the GUI ?
For the moment, yes, I dont have enough skills. However, tor is a very good prospect for learning, and part of the donated money is already spend on books to learn from.
I believe my comments that are sonmething like 'if you dont know, you dont need it" are very much related to the fact that users do risk when enabling developer mode, so its ment like a friendly reminder, in a way perhaps that seems a bit 'rough'. But, better safe than sorry.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nieldk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 496 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by rcolistete View Post
Please, don't go personal. We don't know the real financial state of Jolla and we contributed to the Jolla Tablet.
Whilst I agree with your sentiment, I don't think this is a convincing argument; it is a very different thing

The Following User Says Thank You to strongm For This Useful Post:
Posts: 204 | Thanked: 443 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Germany - Potsdam
A little help is on it's way -- it helps paypal too ;-)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to meemorph For This Useful Post: