Active Topics

have an email in the inbox with a link that needs clicking to validate a previous submission on a webpage.

only problem is, there is no reaction to me pressing on the link other than it briefly going red.

why is the phone not immediately transferring the http link to a web browser so the requested transaction can complete?

and why is there no way to copy the http link text so i can manually enter the link into a browser?

kind regards

JBT

Posts: 992 | Thanked: 738 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Low Earth Orbit
If you reply to email you should then be able to copy+paste link.

cheers, but is that really the only way?

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
I had a similar situation once. Here's what I remember:

The mail was HTML, but the link wasn't clickable. (I cannot recall if it wasn't because there were no <a>-tags around it or because the mail client wouldn't recognise them). Anyway: I could not copy&paste it from the inbox. Worse: I couldn't copy&paste it when I opened a reply; somehow the original text within the reply could not be edited or clicked or copied.

I then clicked settings > applications > mail. There's an option that controls how HTML mails are handled. you can switch HTML off so that HTML mails are displayed as plain text. That's what I did. returned to the mail client, re-opened the mail and - voilą! - the mail client rendered the URL as a clickable link.

"One simple gesture."

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to benny1967 For This Useful Post:
cheers Benny.

Do they appear as click-able links? Sounds like it since its blue and goes red when you tap.

Try long pressing.

Lol. Nevermind... weird it wasn't working for a bit on mine, I long pressed, it opened in the browser, but now when I go to my e-mail I can just tap and it will open (different e-mails).

Haha