Notices

Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
Damm i just lost my both n900s ...you helping them to recover without much hassale

The Following User Says Thank You to nokiabot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Originally Posted by nokiabot View Post
Damm i just lost my both n900s ...you helping them to recover without much hassale
With SMSCON you could have found there location.
http://wiki.maemo.org/SMSCON

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

The Following User Says Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
@sixwheeled i know the fact is there were no security measures installed. I didnt had ssh installed as i dont know what it is. Btw any way to connect with the phone?? Worst part is it got stolen from my room in home it was a rouge freind who got in while i was pooping. No proper evidence to sue him. Anyway i lodged a complaint

The Following User Says Thank You to nokiabot For This Useful Post:
It is worrisome this is now easy.

The Following User Says Thank You to lancewex For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Originally Posted by nokiabot View Post
Originally Posted by lancewex View Post
It is worrisome this is now easy.
Not really relevant - if someone wanted to get into your N900 after you lost it, they could only get into your N900 to run recoverlock the following ways:

Reflash just the fiasco image first. The lock code isn't recovered, but it's disabled so they've bypassed it without recovering it. Your private/personal/important data is either erased (if it was in an area wiped by the fiasco flash) or still left on device (if it was in an area untouched by the fiasco image flash).

SSH in, if they can brute force, guess, or otherwise know, your SSH password(s) or key(s), and you have an SSH server installed. But if they can do that, they have access to all of your data without worrying about the lock code.

Just use the phone because you yourself don't have the lock code enabled (or they get lucky enough to catch it in a non-locked moment, and are able to do everything they need to do without letting it go idle and lock on them). In which case, they already have access to all your data anyway.

So, in short, there is virtually no use case where recoverlock is useful to someone who is trying to get into your phone maliciously. Unless they stole, say, your N900 and an iPhone or something from you at once, and you used the same lock code on both, or something.

It's the same argument that hits tools like aircrack-ng: people point to it and go 'omg now bad people can abuse it'. And to that argument, I would typically just say 'good uses justify it existing in spite the abuse potential' on principle and leave it at that, but in this case, it's even simpler than that:

Anyone capable of installing recoverlock on your phone and getting your lock code already has enough access to your device that they don't need recoverlock itself to do anything malicious.

Last edited by Mentalist Traceur; 2013-09-17 at 18:48. Reason: Tweaked formatting

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by panjgoori View Post
amazing work. it only took about 10 seconds to crack my 5 digit code. Great work.
hey,
some one tell me how to install recoverlock...send the link plzzzz...

The Following User Says Thank You to ashwin_jack For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Quick reply...
apt-get install recoverlock
Or just open this link in MicroB:
http://repository.maemo.org/extras-d...ck_0.7_all.deb
Best wishes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Per aspera ad astra...

The Following User Says Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
Hi folks,

I can't recover my lock code. I tried the recoverlock script whitout result and follow the page:

http://lifewithmaemo.blogspot.com.es...lock-code.html

with the commands:

$ sudo apt-get install -y john

# echo root:$(grep -A 13 lock_code /dev/mtd1|tail -1): > /home/user/MyDocs/phone_lock_hash

$ john -i:digits phone_lock_hash

but It shows me the message:

Created directory: /home/user/.john
No password hashes loaded (see FAQ)

I don't know what to do. Anybody helps?

Thanks,

The Following User Says Thank You to mayhemita For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Originally Posted by mayhemita View Post
Hi folks,

I can't recover my lock code. I tried the recoverlock script whitout result and follow the page:

http://lifewithmaemo.blogspot.com.es...lock-code.html

with the commands:

$ sudo apt-get install -y john

# echo root:$(grep -A 13 lock_code /dev/mtd1|tail -1): > /home/user/MyDocs/phone_lock_hash

$ john -i:digits phone_lock_hash

but It shows me the message:

Created directory: /home/user/.john
No password hashes loaded (see FAQ)

I don't know what to do. Anybody helps?

Thanks,
Use this command instead of the last one:
Code:
john -i:digits /home/user/MyDocs/phone_lock_hash

The Following User Says Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:

Tags
john the ripper, lock code, recover, recoverlock