Notices

Hi and big thanks for the app, it makes jolla more complete!

Still, with latest update, Yliaavanlampi, it started to show calls as " partial" omitting callers name and phone number info along with date information in a list of Recordings. Recorded call itself is fine as it seems.

Does anybody else running Yliaavanlampi 1.1.2.1.5 have this issue?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to veeall For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,021 | Thanked: 1,060 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Hong Kong
Originally Posted by veeall View Post
Hi and big thanks for the app, it makes jolla more complete!

Still, with latest update, Yliaavanlampi, it started to show calls as " partial" omitting callers name and phone number info along with date information in a list of Recordings. Recorded call itself is fine as it seems.

Does anybody else running Yliaavanlampi 1.1.2.1.5 have this issue?
same issue
It cant show the contact name or number, but the voice still can play

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TMavica For This Useful Post:
Posts: 49 | Thanked: 174 times | Joined on Oct 2014 @ Hagenberg i.M., Austria
Guys, thanks for reporting. I noticed it as soon as installed the opt-in release. It comes from the updated version of libqofono library bundled with this release, it emits an empty state change of a voice call upon its creation.

I fixed it but I was in the middle of a large internal change in the call recorder, so will upload the updated call recorder soon.

UPD

Please check out the opt-in package versioned as 0.4.2-1 at my github page. It's basically the 0.4.1 version with a quick libqofono workaround.
It's best to navigate to dpurgin.github.io from the Jolla browser, tap on the link, download and install the package. Please let me know asap if there are any problems with it.

Regarding the calls already made. Unfortunately, there's no easy way to fix 'partial' status and empty caller IDs unless you are familiar with SQL. If you are, make a backup of sqlite database at /home/nemo/.local/share/kz.dpurgin/harbour-callrecorder/callrecorder.db. Then open it, it can be opened with sqlite3 on the phone. The Events table contains all the records shown in the list of UI. Make sure you did the backup and update the records that are faulty:
  • set EventTypeID to 1 for incoming call, 2 for outgoing call;
  • set PhoneNumberID to the corresponding ID of a PhoneNumbers table. All the phone numbers that were ever seen by the call recorder are uniqely stored in this table;
  • optionally set Duration to call duration in seconds and FileSize to the file size in bytes.

If anything seems to be broken, restore the backup.

Last edited by dpurgin; 2015-02-23 at 17:41.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to dpurgin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
Installed, thanks, but i think it's too late today for having any calls. Can test it tomrrow only

The Following User Says Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
That's why I use two phones

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dpurgin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,552 | Thanked: 3,108 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Russia, 96
Works fine... Thanks.

The Following User Says Thank You to Ancelad For This Useful Post:
Hi all,

it seems like general availability of SailfishOS 1.1.2 is near and I don't have enough time to roll out a stable version 0.5 of the Call recorder, so I'm putting the 0.4.2 to openrepos for everyone, so that people won't get confused with empty contact numbers and partial calls when the OS will update.

I've marked the Call Recorder 0.5 to be released by the end of February but unfortunately due to business at my day job (preparation for a conference, heavy R&D, etc) I have to delay it to the end of March, unfortunately.

Meanwhile, I've implemented support for blacklist/whitelist recording. This means you will be able to record only whitelisted calls to/from selected numbers or any call excluding blacklisted numbers (this is issue #4 on github).

The Call Recorder logs to its own file now, so it'd be easier to diagnose problems should they occur (no log rotation yet).

Next thing I'm planning to do for 0.5 is (apart from GUI for whitelist/blacklist editing) localization support. Also I'll try and see what can be done for asking the user to save or remove a call right after each recording.

A great amount of work has been done to isolate and wrap PulseAudio API calls to my qtpulseaudio library which, as far as I know, is the only Qt binding to PulseAudio for now. I'm planning to work on hydrogen port to SailfishOS (I strongly suspect it will be Jolla Tablet already), so it should come in handy.

Cheers
Dmitriy

Last edited by dpurgin; 2015-03-03 at 03:35.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to dpurgin For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
I have a skipping problem when I listen to my voice calls with the build in player

Especially with a phone call duration with more then 5minutes

HtheB, can you please tell which encoding settings you use? Can you play these files with other player (e.g. on desktop computer with VLC)?

The Following User Says Thank You to dpurgin For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by dpurgin View Post
HtheB, can you please tell which encoding settings you use? Can you play these files with other player (e.g. on desktop computer with VLC)?
16kHz
maximum FLAC compression level

I tried to open it from the PC using VLC, it crashes when it tries to play the file...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post: