Posts: 187 | Thanked: 162 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Sunny Woollahra
Originally Posted by Fellfrosch View Post
It's all about reading

Nice to here that you found the problem. I hope there are nor further hurdles for you, so that you can enjoy your new toy this evening
Turning this off hasn't worked. I'm going to try again on a different computer on the weekend.

I'll try without using the Sony software, as I think this is causing the problem

The Following User Says Thank You to rfa For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
So you are getting exactly the same message as before?

The Following User Says Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:
Posts: 88 | Thanked: 411 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ southern Italy
Originally Posted by oenone View Post
Wifi channels 12, 13, (and 14) don't seem to be picked up by the Xperia X. It is assumed that in Android it doesn't either.
My home wifi AP uses channel #13 and SailfishX has no problems connecting. The command iw phy phy0 info on SailfishX says that only 2484 MHz (channel 14) is actually "disabled" (because of the "global" and "Italy" regulatory domains; AFAIK channel 14 is only available in "Japan" regulations), and 5 GHz channels 36 to 140 (5.18 to 5.7 GHz) are also available.

In the "valid interfaces combinations" it clearly shows that "AP" and "Managed" are separate features, thus the hardware does not support being both an access point and a client at the same time.

Using the command iw dev wlan0 link on SailfishX I can see it is now using the channel 13 (frequency 2472 MHz) at 72 MBit/s speed.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to alfmar For This Useful Post:
Posts: 187 | Thanked: 162 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Sunny Woollahra
Originally Posted by Fellfrosch View Post
So you are getting exactly the same message as before?
Yes. When I run "fastboot devices" a code appears. When I run the command line with the code (copy pasted from the 4/4 Sony page) i get the same error message - failed

The Following User Says Thank You to rfa For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Yay, finally have a new f5121 below 200€.
One question i have not found touched here:

Is the display brightness range the same on sfos as it is in android?
Booted the thing in android for the updates and found it is nicely dark on lowest setting. Unprecedented in sfos device i would say.

I will be hopefully able to answer myself this night after flashing party, but maybe it helps others reading.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rfa View Post
Yes. When I run "fastboot devices" a code appears. When I run the command line with the code (copy pasted from the 4/4 Sony page) i get the same error message - failed
Linux went without a glitch for me. Just had to install the android tools with a single command, turn off phone, plug it in while pressing volume up (or was it down for fastboot mode?), checking fastboot devices and proceeding from there with flashtool... if i recall correctly.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pexi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
Maybe just try it the Linux way. If you just have Windows machines. You can download a live-CD and use that.

Anyway I think you've made a mistake putting you phone in flashmode. Otherise there would have been a differnet error than before.

Have you waited for 15 seconds, when you shut down your device. Have pressed Volume up. Has the LED switched to blue after connection?

The Following User Says Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rfa View Post
Didn't check in earlier posts but someone had problems with the code, did you use the "0x" in the beginning of the code?

C:\android-sdk\platform-tools>fastboot devices
CB521DX3LM fastboot

C:\android-sdk\platform-tools>fastboot -i 0x0fce oem unlock 0x12345613624CE9D4
(code changed :-) )

Last edited by Heik; 2017-10-19 at 13:33.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Heik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 270 | Thanked: 610 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Leipzig/Germany
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
Yay, finally have a new f5121 below 200€.
One question i have not found touched here:

Is the display brightness range the same on sfos as it is in android?
Booted the thing in android for the updates and found it is nicely dark on lowest setting. Unprecedented in sfos device i would say.

I will be hopefully able to answer myself this night after flashing party, but maybe it helps others reading.
I didn't make a test against Android, but I can say that the display brightness does go very dark on the lowest setting, definitly much darker than my other SFOS devices (Jolla 1 / Jolla C / Tablet)

http://www.seiichiro0185.org

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to seiichiro0185 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by alfmar View Post
My home wifi AP uses channel #13 and SailfishX has no problems connecting. The command iw phy phy0 info on SailfishX says that only 2484 MHz (channel 14) is actually "disabled" (because of the "global" and "Italy" regulatory domains; AFAIK channel 14 is only available in "Japan" regulations), and 5 GHz channels 36 to 140 (5.18 to 5.7 GHz) are also available.

In the "valid interfaces combinations" it clearly shows that "AP" and "Managed" are separate features, thus the hardware does not support being both an access point and a client at the same time.

Using the command iw dev wlan0 link on SailfishX I can see it is now using the channel 13 (frequency 2472 MHz) at 72 MBit/s speed.
Thank you for the information.

Running iw phy phy0 info gives:

Code:
	Band 1: 
[. . .]
			Frequencies:
			* 2412 MHz [1] (20.0 dBm)
			* 2417 MHz [2] (20.0 dBm)
			* 2422 MHz [3] (20.0 dBm)
			* 2427 MHz [4] (20.0 dBm)
			* 2432 MHz [5] (20.0 dBm)
			* 2437 MHz [6] (20.0 dBm)
			* 2442 MHz [7] (20.0 dBm)
			* 2447 MHz [8] (20.0 dBm)
			* 2452 MHz [9] (20.0 dBm)
			* 2457 MHz [10] (20.0 dBm)
			* 2462 MHz [11] (20.0 dBm)
			* 2467 MHz [12] (disabled)
			* 2472 MHz [13] (disabled)
			* 2484 MHz [14] (disabled)
Is there any way to enable channel 12 and 13? The firmware flashed to bring the device up to 34.3 version was the Central Europe 1 version, so channel 12 and 13 should not be restricted in those regions, and yet it is. Or does Sailfish restrict it based on the timezone or IMSI?

iw reg set [2 letter country code, eg BE, DK, RU, AU, etc] works but does not survive reboot and it changes back to the original settings.

Further testing seems to show that dead SIMs from a variety of countries do not change the regulation setting, while live SIMs do, and the reg setting is changed to the country of the connected network. One wonders what happens on the Xperia dual-SIM version if one is using two different SIMs in a border area, eg, Uzbekistan (1 - 11) and Kazakhstan (1 - 13).

Last edited by oenone; 2017-10-19 at 16:25.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to oenone For This Useful Post:

Tags
sailfish os, sony xperia x