Posts: 35 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ France
Just seen on simoniito.blogspot.com that a beta version of the next Connection Manager software has been released.

Main Site is here :-

rtcomm.garage.maemo.org

Its got a working SIP implementation and its working fine with my Asterisk server.

One can never have too many VOIP clients!

If you've got an updated N800 give it a try.

Posts: 85 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Hertfordshire, UK
its good to search ...

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada

How do I get an "SIP number" (or account)? I have an account with Gizmo Project, can I use it?

Also, (probably a stoopid question), is Vonage some sort of SIP?

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Originally Posted by re2st View Post
How do I get an "SIP number" (or account)? I have an account with Gizmo Project, can I use it?
Yes. Look at the rtcomm site for information on it (sipphone.com).

Don't know.

There are a lot of telephone numbers around the world that you can call to be connected to the SIP networks. One of the benefits of SIP being a standard.
http://www.sipbroker.com/sipbroker/action/pstnNumbers

Originally Posted by cybergypsy View Post
Just seen on simoniito.blogspot.com that a beta version of the next Connection Manager software has been released.

Main Site is here :-

rtcomm.garage.maemo.org

Its got a working SIP implementation and its working fine with my Asterisk server.

One can never have too many VOIP clients!

If you've got an updated N800 give it a try.
I can receive calls using this software but I cannot place calls. When I dial the N800 "sounds" the ring tone but the receving number doesn't ring. Any advice?

Vonage is SIP, though they use weird port numbers. They will never tell you your configuration, though, so you would have to unlock your existing Vonage adapter so that you can see the settings. I know with a PAP2v1, PAP2v2, or an RTP it's possible to unlock it and still use the adapter with Vonage. Other adapters may allow you to unlock them, but not in a way that allows you to see your settings so you can unlock them.

With a PAP2v1 you'll have to call Vonage tech support and make up some problem, like frequent call drops or something and say you want to downgrade. Say your friend got a downgrade, and his adapter works great at your house so you think the latest firmware doesn't like your router or something lame. Instructions for all of them are on the bargainshare.com forums or other places accessible with Google.

I'll try my Vonage account with the new Connection Manager later this week and see if it works

Edit: Doesn't appear to. The connection manager says it's connected to Vonage, but calls give a server not found (or something) error. Oh, well.. that's why I'm switching to Vitelity anyway

Last edited by bobpaul; 2007-07-19 at 13:54.

Posts: 35 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ France
Originally Posted by flatini View Post
I can receive calls using this software but I cannot place calls. When I dial the N800 "sounds" the ring tone but the receving number doesn't ring. Any advice?
To ring landlines / old phones you will need to buy some Gizmo credit.

To test your callout capability , try calling the echo test user (gizmo username is echo) and see if that works.

Originally Posted by cybergypsy View Post
To ring landlines / old phones you will need to buy some Gizmo credit.

To test your callout capability , try calling the echo test user (gizmo username is echo) and see if that works.
To follow up, I have access to a sip server and have a phone number...we own a softswitch. We "discovered" that it appears to be a problem due to NAT. WE are going to fiddle with the sip server tomorrow to try and solve the problem.