Posts: 27 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Nov 2020 @ Argentina
Hi guys again! Long time! Finally made it to buy an N9. Here in Argentina most of the models on sale where from carrier, Personal and Claro. This one I got is from Claro

Version PR1.1 (20.2011.40-4.406.6_PR_406)

I'm seeing some guides and began to think that maybe it's possible to reflash to go to developer mode?

The Following User Says Thank You to taraletti For This Useful Post:
Posts: 28 | Thanked: 68 times | Joined on Jul 2021 @ Blueberry World
Since this is a carrier branded device (judging by 406) and it's also PR 1.1.. I believe it's possible to flash PR 1.2 or PR 1.3 global firmware without hacky certification workaround.

You also need N9 RepoMirror installed if you want to enable developer mode.

The Following User Says Thank You to Danct12 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 498 | Thanked: 836 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by taraletti View Post
Hi guys again! Long time! Finally made it to buy an N9. Here in Argentina most of the models on sale where from carrier, Personal and Claro. This one I got is from Claro

Version PR1.1 (20.2011.40-4.406.6_PR_406)

I'm seeing some guides and began to think that maybe it's possible to reflash to go to developer mode?
Congratulations! Still the absolute best User experience on mobile UI that I have ever used. If only the important apps and browser would still work ok. Maybe I need to dig up one of my N9's and try it on 2022.

First thing to do is check is state of battery and get on charge. Once it drops below a critical point you would have to use Harmattan flasher to get it back to life:
https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=100215

Originally Posted by Danct12 View Post
Since this is a carrier branded device (judging by 406) and it's also PR 1.1.. I believe it's possible to flash PR 1.2 or PR 1.3 global firmware without hacky certification workaround.

You also need N9 RepoMirror installed if you want to enable developer mode.
thanks! indeed, it's a carrier branded device. What do you mean "without hacky certification workaround"?

I'm getting quite confused...to use Meegram, Meefox and new things, must flash the N9 right? Flash it first and then install the repomirror?

Originally Posted by aspergerguy View Post
First thing to do is check is state of battery and get on charge. Once it drops below a critical point you would have to use Harmattan flasher to get it back to life:
https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=100215
But don't understand. The N9 charged and is on normally without any drop of battery that can say that is dead

Originally Posted by taraletti View Post
But don't understand. The N9 charged and is on normally without any drop of battery that can say that is dead
Glad to hear that, a lot of N9 have been left in storage for too long now as OEM batteries dated ~ 2013

Originally Posted by aspergerguy View Post
Glad to hear that, a lot of N9 have been left in storage for too long now as OEM batteries dated ~ 2013
Indeed it was a good luck

Enviado desde mi moto g71 5G mediante Tapatalk

I'm trying to flash but with flasher only get Suitable USB interface not found, waiting...I'm in W11

Posts: 1,702 | Thanked: 4,752 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
https://www.dt.iki.fi/nokia-n9-resurrect

Master of not knowing (active)

For me it is possible to get lost in any case (active)

Learning to fall from high (DONE)

Learning to code with BASIC (WIP)