Posts: 415 | Thanked: 182 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Leeds UK
If your having problems like that I'd recommend formatting both memory cards (Internal and external) reflash and then apply the license (don't forget to deactivate it before!)
Then download the maps.
It's probably a bit overkill and a pain, but if it is driving you up the wall, starting from scratch is probably the easiest and least stressfull.

could do, but after all that time to get it working I don't want to alter a thig now.

Mind you, the voic download doesn't work ... ! Might just go get a dedicated satnav system instead of tryign to be clever in getting it working on the N800

OK, last post on the subject ... I've had a reply from Navicore ...

With the new OS2008 it is no longer possible to use the Navicore application in the N800.

But you can use the Wayfinder map application that comes together with the OS2008. You can use the new application with the same licence key. From the main menu choose About Map > Purchase navigation > Enter licence code.

You need to delete the old maps and download different maps to the device. You can download them from this address:

http://www.navicoretech.com/Consumer...B/wfnavigator/

Ir you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to contact us again.

Best regards,
Jenni J.
Wayfinder helpdesk

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to muppet For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by muppet View Post
and download different maps to the device. You can download them from this address:

http://www.navicoretech.com/Consumer /Support/Downloads/tablet/en_GB/wfnavigator/
Oh, thanks for that! I've been trying to download via wayfinder directly on my n800 and it keeps failing part way through. Now I can get it with my PC and transfer it to the SD card.