1st Lat: -34.563
1st Lon: -58.469

2nd Lat: -34.570
2nd Lon: -58.453

Bits: 21

Thanks.

Posts: 46 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Edmonton, AB, Canada
Hi Kernelpanic!

I've been using Roadmap 1.1.0j-3 in my 770 with OS2008HE, and it works reasonably well (the plane view works OK, but the tablet is too slow for the perspective view, but that's life, I guess).

I noticed version 1.1.0j-4 and upgraded it, but found out it is compiled for the N8x0 (I get an "Illegal instruction" when trying to run it).

Would it be too much work to make a 770-compiled version? If it is too complicated, that's fine, Maemo Mapper still fills the GPS gap (I'll eventually have time and free space to install the Maemo SDK and compile things myself, I hope).

Thanks for your great work!

Bye & Good Luck!

Pablo.

Hello All,
[EDIT] O.K. The fix in 1.1.0j-5 allocated more memory than it needed to. I was able to reduce it a bit, hence- 1.1.0j-6

cheers!
[/EDIT]

I've released 1.1.0j-5. It resolves a bug that crashes Roadmap when viewing both OSM and Tiger maps at once. I encourage everyone to upgrade...

Alephito,

It's either a problem with the API or one with Roadmap. Some maps work well, while others won't compile. I won't know what's up until I can get with Adam... I'll post back when I know what's up.

Pablob,

I'm not sure. I haven't tried to compile for older versions of Maemo. I'll look into it and see what it would take.

cheers,
kernelpanic

Last edited by kernelpanic; 2008-06-16 at 19:37.

The Following User Says Thank You to kernelpanic For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by kernelpanic View Post
Hello All,
O.K. The fix in 1.1.0j-5 allocated more memory than it needed to. I was able to reduce it a bit, hence- 1.1.0j-6
What do I have to change after upgrading from 1.1.0j-4, cause I can't get it to run?:

Code:
roadmap --debug
[..]
 ++ roadmap_scan.c, line 62: searching for maps file usdir.rdm in /usr/share/roadmap/default
 ++ roadmap_scan.c, line 77: could not find file usdir.rdm
s== roadmap_locator.c, line 146: Cannot open map index file.  Only OpenStreetMap maps will be available.  Otherwise, the Map.Path preferences item must point at map files and the master index file.
s## roadmap_locator.c, line 310: no more memory
   Call stack:
         roadmap_screen_repaint
s== roadmap_start.c, line 1542: RoadMap exiting, time 23:45

Posts: 46 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Edmonton, AB, Canada
Hi Kernelpanic!

You don't really need to recompile for older Maemo versions, but just change some gcc options to avoid using some instructions which are specific for the N8x0 processors.

According to http://www.schoenke.com/tyler/nokia770/index.html, the gcc options '-mcpu="arm1026ej-s" -march=armv5te' work for the 770.

Anyway, I have never tried i yet, so I don't know how well it'll work. Thanks again!

Bye & Good Luck!

Pablo B.

I'm using 1.10j-6 and I guess I have 2 questions. When I use MaemoMapper, it connects to and disconnects from the GPS on use. When I use GPS camera, it connects to and then leaves open the GPS. The only way I've gotten GPS to work with Roadmap is to first open GPS Camera. Is there a setting I'm missing?

Second, I'm using the Tiger Maps so I can use address search without needing the internet, but it can't seem to find any addresses. I keep getting either "Street Name not Found" or something like "Invalid Address" if I can coax it into taking the street.

I'll start by clicking on a street, say "13th Ave N" and it will display as "(1110-1170) 13th Ave N" but for the life of me I can't get it to accept "1117 13th Ave N" as a valid address. I know it's valid! I used to live there. Any ideas?

Oh, finally, Documents/trips was owned by root. I don't /think/ I ran roadmap as root ever, but I might have.

Originally Posted by Nikem View Post
What do I have to change after upgrading from 1.1.0j-4, cause I can't get it to run?:
\
Are you running 1.1.0j-5 or 6? (I ask because 1.1.0j-5, while it did solve a bug in the memory allocation, did so by allocating too much memory. 1.1.0j-6 allocates the correct amount. So if you're seeing this on 1.1.0j-5, upgrade. But if you're seeing this on 1.1.0j-6, something is wrong. Please post back...

cheers,
kernelpanic

p.s.- pablob- That sounds doable. Thanks for the info. I'll look into it and post back.

Originally Posted by bobpaul View Post
I'm using 1.10j-6 and I guess I have 2 questions. When I use MaemoMapper, it connects to and disconnects from the GPS on use. When I use GPS camera, it connects to and then leaves open the GPS. The only way I've gotten GPS to work with Roadmap is to first open GPS Camera. Is there a setting I'm missing?
If you're using a bluetooth GPS, you nee to specify the BT address in preferences. If you're on the n810, everything should just work...
Second, I'm using the Tiger Maps so I can use address search without needing the internet, but it can't seem to find any addresses. I keep getting either "Street Name not Found" or something like "Invalid Address" if I can coax it into taking the street.
I've never had a problem doing address lookups with Tiger maps. Can you post more info?
I'll start by clicking on a street, say "13th Ave N" and it will display as "(1110-1170) 13th Ave N" but for the life of me I can't get it to accept "1117 13th Ave N" as a valid address. I know it's valid! I used to live there. Any ideas?
Roadmap stores the way segments(roads) by begin/end address. So putting in an exact address will get you that segment(block) of the street. This is a limitation of the map format. It'll tell you which block and even possibly which side of the street. But when you punch in a particular address, it'll give you the closest matching segment. This makes sense. It knows the 1100 block of <whatever> ave. But it doesn't know whether 1146 is the last building before 1202 or if it's only halfway down the block and there's an 1196 <whatever> ave. at the end.

Oh, finally, Documents/trips was owned by root. I don't /think/ I ran roadmap as root ever, but I might have.
Oops! My Bad. Thanks for that one. Fixed for next release...

cheers,
kernelpanic

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
just installed 1.1.0j-5, successful installation. Upon running, it flicked a grey square in split second and closed. Run under xterm, same result. Error message: D-Bus library appears to be incorrectly set up; failed to read machine uuid: Failed to open "/var/lib/dbus/machine-id": ;No such file or directory...D-Bus not built ith -rdynamic so unable to print a backtrace Upgraded to 0j-6, same result.

Run getmaps: error accessing 'file///media/mmc1/roadmaps': File not found
ignore it, click on Get OSM Maps, Maps Downloaded Successfully!

N800/2008OS/BT GPS/MMC boot

Any suggestions? TIA,

Edit:Cannot open map index file, only OpenStreet.....
##roadmap_locator.c, line 310: no more memory
Roadgps works ith beautiful graphics

bun

Last edited by bunanson; 2008-06-17 at 07:31.

Originally Posted by kernelpanic View Post
I've never had a problem doing address lookups with Tiger maps. Can you post more info?
I have the ND tiger map working. I click Menu->Find->Address
Number: 1117
Street: 13th Ave N
City: Fargo
State: ND

I click Ok and am told "No street with that name could be found". I click the street and it shows "(1110-1199) 13th Ave N". I've tried with and without the th, with and without caps, moving the N to various parts that the post office would still agree with, etc.

So I scroll West and South to College Street. If I click it it shows me 1100-1178. So I enter:
Number: 1108
Street: College St
City: Fargo
State: ND

And it works. (I must have typo'd this one last time). But when I click another street with a number and try an address in range and it fails again.

So it seems numbered streets do not work. At least I can't figure them out. I've tried 4 different named streets and they all worked.