Originally Posted by Koiruus View Post
Probably more than that, even a month. But don't worry, you did the right thing anyway
Clove Technologies say they are expecting stock in around 10 days. But that all depends on F(x)tec getting them out on time.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to stickymick For This Useful Post:
Posts: 105 | Thanked: 444 times | Joined on Jul 2013 @ Katowice, PL
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
Da fuq the Mount Everest got 4.2/5 stars only.
Who downrates a natural formation
For some reason G insists on showing me reviews in my language only, so maybe it's biased, but... the 1-star ones are all about "no public transit", "could not lend ski", "no place to buy beer, fail" and so on. I hope they are jokes

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to briest For This Useful Post:
Still waiting on my preordered fxtec

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nh1402 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nh1402 View Post
Still waiting on my preordered fxtec
I think a fair estimation for when you get it would be 20 December. There are still a lot of variables though so it's obviously not 100% certain, but I think most things point to every pre-order to be delivered around then. That, or later, but I really don't think sooner is an option.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Shirabe For This Useful Post:
I just cancelled. It was either that or getting my third used stop gap phone. Going to use the refund money to buy a decent mid range phone and a trip to the Caribbean, and then start the wait all over when I can order the scandic version that was the one I wanted anyway.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to hagiz For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Shirabe View Post
I'm not well versed into these things, but I think people are conflating 2 things to be the same. I think that if you'd do the entire process through Google, you have to first pay and get the device/firmware certified, and then pay to use Google's services to send the firmware to devices. There are separate costs here for Google, one to pay people examining the device to certify it, and one for server costs to host and upload the firmware from.

Seems that F(x)tec chose to do the first thing via Google, in order to get support for Google Pay and the like. But chose to do the second thing via a third party, probably because it's cheaper than Google but doesn't have any direct negatives like no longer having Google Pay support.

So, just because they got Google's certification doesn't mean they can just change to a different OTA provider. They probably could, but whether they have Google's certification isn't really relevant to this I think. It would come down to if F(x)tec thinks it's better to use a different OTA provider, and if they can afford it. But again, I'm not that well versed in this either.
Originally Posted by Waxberry
Passing safetynet does NOT equal to we can use Google OTA directly. I am afraid you got the wrong information.
https://community.fxtec.com/topic/25...&comment=35254
Passing safetynet is something you can only do with Google's certification, so they're basically a synonym in this case. So I think what I speculated is correct.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Shirabe For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by stickymick View Post
Well. I've only gone and done it, haven't I?

Just ordered a F(x)tec Pro1. I kept comparing the two (Gemini v Pro1).
The Pro1 won over the Gemini due to it's design and specs and the fact that it's expandable to 2TB of storage.
Just sit and wait for delivery now. Probably about 1 - 2 weeks I guess.
I gave my Gemini to a family member who was eyeing it wistfully. I thought it was buggy and it never felt like there was any real support for alternate OSes. The keyboard was awesome but flimsy and nearly impossible to use without setting it down on a flat surface. (I have small hands though.) Also, I couldn't get one of the proprietary adapters for HDMI out.

I still have my N900, though it was never my main phone. But my Nokia 7.1 isn't charging very well and I'd like to buy a new phone now.

My daughter loves her new Pixel, so I've been following the camera conversation with interest. But I'm not gonna lie, the Pro 1, with the HDMI out and all the other features I want (hwkbd, sd card, FM radio, head phone jack) is so very tempting. I will probably lurk a little while longer.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to terryowen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 386 | Thanked: 1,094 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Netherlands
I'm retracting my negative comment about the Pro1: ITS AWESOME! (aside from shitdroid but whatever, Maemo Leste will fix it)

Now if only I could find a notes app like osso-notes (dark theme, preferably FOSS so google & co don't read my inane ramblings and other BS) it'll be the N900 successor for me!

The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Wasmachinemann-NL For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Wasmachinemann-NL View Post
I'm retracting my negative comment about the Pro1: ITS AWESOME! (aside from shitdroid but whatever, Maemo Leste will fix it)
Good to hear you are starting to be satisfied with Pro1.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to VaZso For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by Wasmachinemann-NL View Post
I'm retracting my negative comment about the Pro1
I knew that before you knew you would
Good to see you happy!

Did you get the first android update already?

73,1 MB fixes:
- touch screen freeze issue
- 3G issue
- HDMI Output
- Camera vignette effect
- issues with test OTA package

Sec Patch level still on 05.sept.2019
Version is QXW1000_EEA_05500.19Q401_20191111-1505

and i can comfirm HDMI working.

EDIT
And i have a good laugh and confession of incompetence for you.
There never where any Bluetooth issues with my Pro1.
Just both of my main bt devices had a fixed amount of paired devices and both did not delete old ones automatically and by coincidence both where filled with max number of paired devices for me to find out first time in years of use. And the mess goes on with both devices needing an App to manually remove old pairs. I am looking at you early Alpine and Plantronics

Last edited by mosen; 2019-11-30 at 00:18.

The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:

Tags
a good rabbit, fxtec, hwkbd, keyboard, livermorium, n950 revival, never gives up, qwerty, readyfx, silly rabbit