Posts: 943 | Thanked: 3,228 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Zagreb
reality check......... If Jolla was not able to deliver fully working/issues free system in what, 3 generations now, why do you expect that it will happen on pro1? I get that nobody wants android, but the thing with pro1 is do you want a keyboard or not. And then everything else.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to kinggo For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by kinggo View Post
do you want a keyboard or not. And then everything else.
That could have been the threads title all along to avoid misunderstandings.
Even starting with "Are your ready?" prefix would still work.

Bluetooth not working with any of my devices is the biggest bummer right now. It seems to be only one profile that is broken according to fx-forum and other users report working BT.
but all devices i need require that profile.

So to eleborate on my last post, the pro1 is my actual Laptop replacement right now since i still use my XA2 as main phone.

I simply can not cope with android and it will never ever see my main sim. But at least i now know why i love sailfish and meego.
It is all about centering the experience around the multitasking view for me. I hate how android handles switching between and information about running programs. "But there is Nova Launcher for that"... No, its deeper than that. I feel like in a rubber cell and the system thinks i am stupid and need to be protected from myself.
The other thing i could puke about is that blatant privacy breach behaviour if you do not disable all the candy wendy, "heyy you were at [Awesome Parking Lot XY]! How did you like your experience. Would you like to tell others about it?", "Yeah, you reached local guide level XX, now everybody knows what a great hipster prick you are when you downrate places".
Da fuq the Mount Everest got 4.2/5 stars only.
Who downrates a natural formation
I can not take it.

So, i use the pro1 as firefox, email, messaging, storage and photo machine currently, until i get home on sunday and flash whatever available alpha state of sfos port our hero porters offer. Hopefully i can browse the web okish. Thats whats most fun currently with the pro1.
Filling forms and interacting with (complex) websites in general was never easier on a phone imo.

The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
^ @Mosen ! I Love You <3

"Gods have mercy. Cats don't..." <- Kaotik@iotech

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to catbus For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Well, i love kinggo for summing up the 2941 post thread in one sentence

Edit, thinking about what to do to speed up sfos and pro1, i stumbled over coderus question if there is any discount for sfos lovers.
I decided to share half my moto mod voucher with him via paypal

Last edited by mosen; 2019-11-27 at 20:10.

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 74 | Thanked: 110 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Norway
Originally Posted by kinggo View Post
reality check......... If Jolla was not able to deliver fully working/issues free system in what, 3 generations now, why do you expect that it will happen on pro1? I get that nobody wants android, but the thing with pro1 is do you want a keyboard or not. And then everything else.
for me the level of a OG Jolla phone or the Xperia 10 I'm now using is perfectly usable and the level I'm hoping for.

obviously id love it do be even better (browser cough) but the 15 apps i actually use daily are in Sailfish so I'm happy

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to electristan For This Useful Post:
Thanks for the input everyone.
There's always the Gemini, I suppose. As Jolla have announced they are(?) working in partnership with Planet Computers to bring Sailfish to that device(?)
Cheaper than the Pro1 but not as refined looking and if you want to use it on the move you have to open it up like a laptop as there's no access to the screen while it's closed, be a bit of a pain texting while you're walking. Storage isn't as impressive as the Pro1 either.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to stickymick For This Useful Post:
Posts: 284 | Thanked: 661 times | Joined on Aug 2013 @ Finland
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
[...]
I can not take it.
[...]
I'm not surprised, really. It's not that tall. I mean there's taller mountains on Mars, so it's nothing special to be honest. And it's even more littered compared to those, so that's a minus. I'd normally give 3 out of five, but I'm generous and give 3 + 1 for the effort

The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Thoke For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
Did you read the reviews? None of the negative ones that I read were about the natural formation but about Google's handling of it.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Well. I've only gone and done it, haven't I?

Just ordered a F(x)tec Pro1. I kept comparing the two (Gemini v Pro1).
The Pro1 won over the Gemini due to it's design and specs and the fact that it's expandable to 2TB of storage.
Just sit and wait for delivery now. Probably about 1 - 2 weeks I guess.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to stickymick For This Useful Post:
Posts: 256 | Thanked: 939 times | Joined on Jun 2014 @ Finland
Originally Posted by stickymick View Post
Probably about 1 - 2 weeks I guess
Probably more than that, even a month. But don't worry, you did the right thing anyway

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Koiruus For This Useful Post:

Tags
a good rabbit, fxtec, hwkbd, keyboard, livermorium, n950 revival, never gives up, qwerty, readyfx, silly rabbit