Notices

Posts: 239 | Thanked: 194 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Amsterdam
Hi community,

EasyList 0.3.8 has been in a state that I'm personally quite happy with, but I would really appreciate it if you could give it a spin and let me know what you think of it.

EasyList features:
- Very simple list application
- Remembers checked item states the next time you start it again
- Transition effect when switching from Edit list view to List view and vice versa.
- You can choose to sort the checked items to the bottom.
- Supports portrait mode.
- Auto-switch back to landscape mode when keyboard opens.

You can download it from the extras-testing repository.

Announce thread:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=62280

Package page (for Karma voting):
http://maemo.org/packages/package_in...asylist/0.3.8/

But don't forget to follow the Quality Assurance checklist here

Many thanks in advance!

Last edited by Willem Liu; 2010-09-28 at 06:34.

Posts: 251 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Finland, Vaasa
I tried it just moment ago. It`s nice and simple. You could maybe consider adding autorotate to setting also.

The Following User Says Thank You to mele For This Useful Post:
Thanks! That's a good point. I'll look into that.

maybe a sorting option would be nice, like alphabetical or date you added items on the list or how bout being able to save multiple list, i really like this app, simple and straight forward

N9 64gb black

The Following User Says Thank You to zaoltryence For This Useful Post:
Hi.

I just checked out EasyList. It's nice and easy, but there's also room for improvement, I think.

There should be a wordwrapping feature, so that no sidescrolling is necessary when a list item becomes too long. There isn't room for many characters when you're using EasyList in portrait mode.

I'm also thinking of expandable notes, so that a note consist of a header and an optional body. The header would be visible in the main list view, and there should be an icon to indicate whether or not the body of the note contains additional information. Onclick would expand the note. Editing could be accessed by longpressing the note maybe.

Anyways, it's all just ideas.

Thanks for the app

The Following User Says Thank You to MOC For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by MOC View Post
Hi.

I just checked out EasyList. It's nice and easy, but there's also room for improvement, I think.

There should be a wordwrapping feature, so that no sidescrolling is necessary when a list item becomes too long. There isn't room for many characters when you're using EasyList in portrait mode.

I'm also thinking of expandable notes, so that a note consist of a header and an optional body. The header would be visible in the main list view, and there should be an icon to indicate whether or not the body of the note contains additional information. Onclick would expand the note. Editing could be accessed by longpressing the note maybe.

Anyways, it's all just ideas.

Thanks for the app
Thanks for the ideas. You mention some great features, although I'm afraid I would compromise the main goal of my app if I was to implement the "notes" bit.
I will try and see if I can make the wordwrapping possible.

Originally Posted by zaoltryence View Post
maybe a sorting option would be nice, like alphabetical or date you added items on the list or how bout being able to save multiple list, i really like this app, simple and straight forward
Thanks for your tips. I will try and see if I can add the alphabetical sorting, but the date time would be a bit harder (read: more work) to do because the list currently is just plain text.

Originally Posted by Willem Liu View Post
Thanks for your tips. I will try and see if I can add the alphabetical sorting, but the date time would be a bit harder (read: more work) to do because the list currently is just plain text.
no pressure dude, just updated your new version with the sorting option keeps me more productive thanks man

N9 64gb black

If my app works bug-free then you can vote for it:

Package page (for Karma voting):
http://maemo.org/packages/package_in...asylist/0.3.8/

But don't forget to follow the Quality Assurance checklist here

Thanks!

Posts: 251 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Finland, Vaasa
Im quite sure you know this already, but at portrait mode clear checked doesnt fit to the tab.

Dont know though what could done to it