Posts: 276 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Bath, UK
Looks great well done. Looking forward to the finished photos.

Posts: 284 | Thanked: 80 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ London, UK
Nice job!! Your N810 looks very happy indeed!

Right On Bud!!! This is just the thing that I purchased my 810 for(among other small things). I too am setting up my ride to be a rolling jukebox! I like your approach of the dash mount, Great Job!
What I have to work with electronically is just a bit more. From the Nokia, which I powered the same way - the line-out jack goes to a simple dpdt switch to my Alpine head unit, then out to an 'old school' Zapco PX eq(cool thing it has its own master volume!). From out the back it runs into a Audio Control 'OverDrive'(line voltage driver) and then into a Sony 5-way elect. x-over. It even gets better! From the x-over, the sub-out runs to a Phoenix Gold 'Base C.U.B.E.'(bass enhancement!!) Not done yet, Now for the heavy power. A really nice Crossfire class 'D' amp powers two JL Audio 12"ers. For mids, I chose a US Acoustics 4-channel amp to drive the front and rear mids(Pioneer's). Still working on a solution for the 'super tweets' amp.
This whole creation of mine cruises around in a '69 Chevelle.

Now my dilemma(please don't think that I'm tring to steal your thread, maybe we will both benifit). I am currently working on putting together a PC in the trunk with all the other gear to host my nearly 300 GIG of music!
With all that music, and the 'Wirelessness' of the 810 - The possibilities ... well, now I am truly getting carried away!!

Again, Great start on your own media center!!! maybe we could get something rolling with these ideas??

Hey Cruelkix you're famous! This thread made it to WOM World!

N810 becomes car media center

Internet Tablet Talk forums member Cruelkix has taken his N810 and customised it in a way never before seen.

Involving lots of moulding and shaping, as well a mysterious (to us) substance called ‘bondo’, the crazy fool has managed to incorporate the device where his car stereo used to be.
You crazy fool!

Ah the whole PC in the car idea kenski. I was entertaining the idea when I was in high school (for a project in the computer class we had). But dealing with the heat and the vibrations from the car while in motion was a headache. Constant vibration + hard drives = not good.

So now I use my n800 in the car. Wish I had the time, energy, and skill to do what you did though.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Originally Posted by Faz View Post
Hey Cruelkix you're famous! This thread made it to WOM World!

You crazy fool!
Haha, SWEET! How popular is WOMworld? I really need to get finished pics in there. It looks way better with the dash in!

To people entertaining the idea of a full car PC. Thats what I had before I put in the in n810. It was a MAJOR pain in the butt. I had to run a crap load more cables as well. I suggest you dump the idea. I never had HDD issues but I know a lot of people that did. If you really want to do it head over to http://www.mp3car.com/ and hop in the forums there. Lots and lots of great info. Personally though, the n810 is a much better solution (stability, ease of use, and a bunch of other reasons! Trust me.), and less expensive.

The Following User Says Thank You to Cruelkix For This Useful Post:
Hmmm... My plan was to convert an ancient laptop to a headless car-comp, and use my N800 (when in/near the car) for some mixture of control (music/audiobooks playb ack), and standalone work (GPS nav).

On your advice, I'll continue to be indecisive during the indeterminate period before I have the cash and (especially) time to accomplish either solution.

UPDATED WITH FINISHED PICS OF DASH!!!

Go to first post. Enjoy!

Cruelkix

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cruelkix For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Cruelkix View Post
UPDATED WITH FINISHED PICS OF DASH!!!

Go to first post. Enjoy!

Cruelkix
Nicely done!!

Looks great!

One question in that contrapshun, how does the gps work?