Active Topics

Banned | Posts: 974 | Thanked: 622 times | Joined on Oct 2010
@gerbick: I don't know exactly. That's what they tell me, and I really haven't bothered investigating it in detail, but I know what they mean.

@anwar: I don't think you really read what I wrote, or you simply didn't get it. Sometimes (very often in fact) a bit of thinking can actually be a good thing

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Iphones are bad, mkey!?!?!

Posts: 104 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ New York City
Originally Posted by ericsson View Post
@gerbick: I don't know exactly. That's what they tell me, and I really haven't bothered investigating it in detail, but I know what they mean.

@anwar: I don't think you really read what I wrote, or you simply didn't get it. Sometimes (very often in fact) a bit of thinking can actually be a good thing
Whatever. I am done with proving things to wise guys. Have a good day

Imagine Steve Jobs designing (read; re-inventing) a violin. It would be easy to use by everyone and probably look cool, but with a very limited arsenal of sounds and rhythms. It would be usable for everyone but musicians, and it would only play 'iMusic'.
It would also
  • not have a bow, fingers only, with pizzicato being the only officially supported playing method - "if you see a bow they blew it"
  • have a single string, because they did a study back in the 1980s which showed most users found multiple strings confusing
  • not have a pegbox either. The string is made from the new revolutionary matterial GodzillaGut that doesn't break or need re-tuning no matter what everyone tells you. In the unlikely event that you need a re-tune or replacement you would have to take it to the shop for servicing (free in the first year, $79 after that)
  • the string is factory-tuned to the new note I, which is a trade secret - any attempts to reverse engineer its frequency will be met with the full force of the legal department
  • have a capacitive fingerboard, because multi-touch is clearly far more important than accuracy or pressure control. Legacy playing techniques that no one needs anymore such as vibrato are not supported.
  • have the F-holes near the chinrest, for superior aesthetics. If sound comes out muffled when playing you're simply holding it wrong.

And one more thing...
  • the iOlin will be made entirely in an aluminium unibody - let others make un-innovative brown boxes

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to lma For This Useful Post:
Posts: 140 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Earth
Does it matter who the iphone users are, who the android users are ??? If they enjoy their devices as much as we do our 900's (or not as many like to advise) then it's bingo eh.

Unless of course a device is just an accessory on a status ladder so it does matter

N900 - Use, Master, Appreciate.

Last edited by Astute; 2010-11-07 at 11:56.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Astute For This Useful Post:
Posts: 66 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Dubai
As a former intensive n900 user who switched to iphone4 i can say what a bunch of pompous people most of your are here.

It's almost like same with ps3 crowd i used to bump heads with over xbo360. You guys hve nothing much to do with your n900 so take time to bash other brands of phones. I mean the amazing library of apps / games etc available on iOS devices is 1000 times better i've ever seen in any nokia devices. And all of last 9 years of mob phone use, i only had one non nokia which was samsung back in 2002.

I've had n70, n80 and n96 in recent past, 2 of these developed faults right after the 1 year warranty period and paid to fix one and dint repair the n96 and now its just a 32gb memory stick if i ever bother to buy a new battery for it.

The n900 i bought back in jan of this year, was immediately in awe as well as disappointed, in awe of the amazing hardware and what it could do and disappointed at lack of anything significant to show off. And nokia seemed to have ditched it right off the bat.

Anyway, did the Nitdroid thingy the manual way before it was made child's play, o/cd it to 1.1Ghz, tried 10s of progrs off the repos and even made my boss buy one.
In Sept i bought an iphone 4 off ebay @ 735$ going around in my country for about 900$ so i though i could make some easy cash but when i started using it, unlocking, jailbreaking etc and checked out tons of navigation software, games looking better than other hand held devices like psp, DS etc.

You think we iphone users are girls than come over to my place and i'll show you how big of girl package i have.

I really have so much on the phone that i dont even get time to finish one game let alone 20 others which i have just kept it there. Here when i was only having n900 i used to refresh the repos every day to see if anything interested is available or when ovi will have any proper games for it. The only games i bought for n900 were th only ones available, Angry birds, and that tranquil rope coloring game i forgot the name and can't be bothered to find my n900 to check it out. I hardly come here anymore as i'm too busy with iphone stuff whenever i have free time.

Go ahead keep calling other phone users whatever you want but all you do is cheer for a fw update as that's the only thing you're getting from nokia while rest of the world is enjoying their devices and not jealous or conerned about others.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sak500 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sak500 View Post
As a former intensive n900 user who switched to iphone4 i can say what a bunch of pompous people most of your are here.

It's almost like same with ps3 crowd i used to bump heads with over xbo360. You guys hve nothing much to do with your n900 so take time to bash other brands of phones. I mean the amazing library of apps / games etc available on iOS devices is 1000 times better i've ever seen in any nokia devices. And all of last 9 years of mob phone use, i only had one non nokia which was samsung back in 2002.

I've had n70, n80 and n96 in recent past, 2 of these developed faults right after the 1 year warranty period and paid to fix one and dint repair the n96 and now its just a 32gb memory stick if i ever bother to buy a new battery for it.

The n900 i bought back in jan of this year, was immediately in awe as well as disappointed, in awe of the amazing hardware and what it could do and disappointed at lack of anything significant to show off. And nokia seemed to have ditched it right off the bat.

Anyway, did the Nitdroid thingy the manual way before it was made child's play, o/cd it to 1.1Ghz, tried 10s of progrs off the repos and even made my boss buy one.
In Sept i bought an iphone 4 off ebay @ 735$ going around in my country for about 900$ so i though i could make some easy cash but when i started using it, unlocking, jailbreaking etc and checked out tons of navigation software, games looking better than other hand held devices like psp, DS etc.

You think we iphone users are girls than come over to my place and i'll show you how big of girl package i have.

I really have so much on the phone that i dont even get time to finish one game let alone 20 others which i have just kept it there. Here when i was only having n900 i used to refresh the repos every day to see if anything interested is available or when ovi will have any proper games for it. The only games i bought for n900 were th only ones available, Angry birds, and that tranquil rope coloring game i forgot the name and can't be bothered to find my n900 to check it out. I hardly come here anymore as i'm too busy with iphone stuff whenever i have free time.

Go ahead keep calling other phone users whatever you want but all you do is cheer for a fw update as that's the only thing you're getting from nokia while rest of the world is enjoying their devices and not jealous or conerned about others.
Valid points you make. To be fair I think the hatred we have hear is more towards the makers of the iphone than to the iphone itself or the users. If iphone was made by HTC it would not be hated the way it is. However, you have to admit that Steve Jobs is the most annoying person in the world and the company the most annoying company along with him.

Also you mention jailbreaking. This means for you to get the full enjoyment out of the device you paid so much money for, you have to use it in the way the manufacturers do not want at all. How does that make you feel? It is such restrictions that cause people to hate Apple.

Of course we also hate Apple because we love Nokia and are envious that Apple is in the position we wish Nokia was. People will also fight this envy by attacking the iphone and iphone users. Such is human nature.

All in all like I said it is the company we hate not the users.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to etuoyo For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 974 | Thanked: 622 times | Joined on Oct 2010
Originally Posted by sak500 View Post

Amen LOL I mean seriously - WTF! What was that all about, games? Here we do serious stuff like installing Android, MeeGo, Ubuntu etc etc as well lots of discussions about the future of the mobile phone industry. We don't bother with girlish games

Let girls be girls and men be men

Posts: 255 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Finland
Here we do serious stuff like installing Android, MeeGo, Ubuntu etc etc as well lots of discussions about the future of the mobile phone industry. We don't bother with girlish games
Are you saying serious discussions and testing new OSes is for men and games are for girls?

The Following User Says Thank You to WereCatf For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Good for you
Thanks for the non-answer. I assumed you were going to be able to list out the limitations of a Mac versus a PC since you stated it without backing it up.

I use both, alongside Linux and to me... I'm not missing anything. But mind you, I'm a Flex/Flash dev, Photoshop user that uses GIT, Capistrano, with many instances of PHP based sites on my Mac(s), and I also use a PC for the same stuff.

I know my toolset is a bit narrow (designer/developer, occasional admin), but I can also admin my Linux boxes from Mac, Windows and of course the Linux machines I own too. I don't do my designing on Linux - hate GIMP, lacks Adobe Creative Suite, Adobe discontinued Flex 3 Beta on Linux - but I don't see limitations outside of a few apps that I've used for quite a while and I don't see any limitations.

Thus the question.

Tags
iphone, losers hating, other losers, subjective