Posts: 64 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Petrolina, Brazil
Hi yaŽll!

4 days ago my N900 started to drain battery after 4 hours in idle mode.
TOP command gives me that {dbus-daemon}; {hildon-thumbn} and {image-viewer} keeps using 96% CPU all the time.
When i run "Optimize N900" these 3 processes stop to do that, but after 5 minutes they come back.
Any ideas what should i do to put an end in this?
Reflashing wouldnŽt be what i want...

Thankyou so much

Posts: 502 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ /dev/null
I'm not sure about the dbus-daemon but I have had similar incidents with image-viewer and hildon-thumbnail using loads of CPU.

I'm guessing it could be either the trackerd is looking into places where you have lots of pictures or where the pictures are either broken or potentially unsupported.

If you have recently edited your tracker config file that could be a potential reason, if not try to backup your pictures and what not and remove them from the device. See if the device is still using loads of CPU usage. You might want to also restart trackerd as well for it to re-examine your device's contents.

I have exactly the same problem. trackerd, image-viewer, battery drains. I did few things, one was copying number of pictures in and CSSU. Right now I think about reflash. I may try to remove the pictures first.

Originally Posted by trigaum View Post
Hi yaŽll!

4 days ago my N900 started to drain battery after 4 hours in idle mode.
TOP command gives me that {dbus-daemon}; {hildon-thumbn} and {image-viewer} keeps using 96% CPU all the time.
When i run "Optimize N900" these 3 processes stop to do that, but after 5 minutes they come back.
Any ideas what should i do to put an end in this?
Reflashing wouldnŽt be what i want...

Thankyou so much
Sometimes trackerd goes completely mental. Thumbnailer gets 'stuck' on a picture and goes full tilt trying thumbnail that which cannot be thumbed.

Enter:

Code:
tracker-processes -r
To rebuild your trackerd database (could take some minutes if you have a lot of stuff. That will probably solve your problem.

Originally Posted by jaromrax View Post
I have exactly the same problem. trackerd, image-viewer, battery drains. I did few things, one was copying number of pictures in and CSSU. Right now I think about reflash. I may try to remove the pictures first.
My fault. I temporarily moved all my openstreetmap's tiles to a directory above .Maps and it was indexing/thumbnailing all the pictures for two days! Now, everything is fine again.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jaromrax For This Useful Post:
having this problem now folks.

i've restarted tracker, rebuilt databases etc and it's still like that. battery draining fast from full charge to zero in a couple of hours with CPU pegged very high.

it happened after i installed 2 torrent clients from the repos and started one torrent to test. the phone auto rebooted and tracker has gone bonkers ever since.

"top" shows trackerd is eating up high CPU (40-50% or more).

rebooting doesn't help either.

any help is appreciated.

[EDIT] nvm. i think i found the source of the problem.

Last edited by droll; 2013-06-22 at 00:57.