Posts: 1,702 | Thanked: 4,752 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
I am waiting for the Pro1X and have been reading the fxtec forum. People have sent their device to be repaired without getting any information back in four weeks. It seems that not getting a response from the team is a rule, not exception. A bit alerting.

Master of not knowing (active)

For me it is possible to get lost in any case (active)

Learning to fall from high (DONE)

Learning to code with BASIC (WIP)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Posts: 466 | Thanked: 335 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by Maemish View Post
I am waiting for the Pro1X and have been reading the fxtec forum. People have sent their device to be repaired without getting any information back in four weeks. It seems that not getting a response from the team is a rule, not exception. A bit alerting.
So who in here still thinks they will be holding the device in their hands some day? Covid and Chinese New Year, I think we've had these before (last year, cough, cough). By now I call Jolla Tablet (or Turing Phone) on this story.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bennypr0fane For This Useful Post:
Posts: 697 | Thanked: 1,980 times | Joined on Jun 2015 @ Lisbon - Portugal
Do you guys live in the same planet as the rest of us? Even in Portugal that the things are not so bad as on other countries, we have companies with 30% of workers on active. Give them a break and let them explain and try to fulfill all your wishes. It is not easy on a small company like theirs. Even Samsung is getting caught on this lack of people and eletronic parts

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to deutch1976 For This Useful Post:
There is a fuzz and buzz on Fxtec forum cause people do not get in touch with the staff. I myself take this as an adventure with a crowfunded preorder for Pro 1 X. I'm in on something new to me. I understand what you deutch1976 said about the world situation, but I still hold on my right to be alerted while waiting for a product with what people are exoerincing many problems without being able to get in contact with the company who sold them the product. I am a chen fan for what he was brave enough to start. I think the problem here is that they should have given a clearer picture of themselves as a very small company with very little staff - which would have of course led to a situation where they would not have got as many orders and customers as now.

Presuppotions of customers, image what Fxtec has given about them, hopes of the customers, hopes of the Fxtec team, the world situation... Nice combo.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
The news of last week was that all backers with the engraving perk where called to send their svgs until feb 11th.
Just so the impression does not arise there are no signs of manufacturing moving forward at all.
The production videos from last two igg updates showed keyboards being mass assembled.
Also TheKit confirmed just yesterday what we had speculated regarding the promised developer devices. Some of those where indeed sent out in November as announced in a summer update.

The Following User Says Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 253 | Thanked: 1,007 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Near Munich
And we have new update:
https://link.indiegogo.com/view/5348...17523/c3262997

Important points
  • They are very close to manufacturing (again), in a week the last factory comes out of quarantine and can be contacted
  • Prototypes will be sent out next week to developers

When the prototypes arrive this will be a good sign for all those who have doubts on if FxTec will deliver.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Macros For This Useful Post:
New update, trial assembly has begun and they have videos to proof it!

https://link.indiegogo.com/view/5348...bceef/d7c1f189

Videos can be found here
https://player.vimeo.com/video/693595634
and here
https://player.vimeo.com/video/693596818

My hopes are up that my device will arrive within the next two months!

So we can hope that the device will arrive roughly 2 years after announcement. Not bad at all considering covid and everything.

The Following User Says Thank You to nikos523 For This Useful Post:
Several new updates have now been posted suggesting a fast progress.

The last one (Update 40) shows a batch ready to ship in boxes. 707 Devices are ready they claim.

But only with Android. Lineage OS and Ubuntu Touch are still not available and people who have ordered them can choose between keeping their choice and waiting, switching to Android and receiving their device soon.

Update 38

Update 39

The mail I just got says every device will now be shipped with android 'cause they can't guarantee any dates for LOS or Ubuntu which are community dependent.

The Following User Says Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:

Tags
expectations