Posts: 269 | Thanked: 1,096 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hampshire, UK
It made me laugh...when I read it ON my Pro1

Sorry for those who are still waiting, but it's real and some have shipped - not sure how many but at least around 1000 based on serial numbers, before the current situation shut down the factory.

It's a great device too, for me at least there are very few things I would change, and my only real complaint running the community SFOS as a daily driver is the bluetooth. That's not a criticism, it was the same for the community builds for Xperia X and Gemini.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to epninety For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
What do you mean? Some batches were already sent out....
A lot of people already got their phones.
Oh,
I really do understand what he meant!
A lot of people received their tablet. A few even with cover. Others were waiting for next batch ...

Not that I want to say FxTec is doing the same here! (nor even near to this)
We have a complete different situation due to a world-wide crisis.
And FxTec is open with their announcements.

But for people still waiting this might just not be enough.

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 466 | Thanked: 335 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by epninety View Post
It made me laugh...when I read it ON my Pro1

Sorry for those who are still waiting, but it's real and some have shipped - not sure how many but at least around 1000 based on serial numbers, before the current situation shut down the factory.
Well that's exactly my point. What's now apparently on the verge of being shipped, is all still pre-orders.
Of course the phones are there, a small number already have them, of course more people are gonna get them.
But that was the same for Turing Phones and Jolla Tablets. Both started out as Kickstarter/Indiegogo campaigns, both successful. They had production problems, delays after delays, now there are a couple hundred out there in the wild, make it even a thousand. But not even all the pre-order customers got theirs, not even refunds got to everyone.
Both products never became available for regular buyers. I haven't pre-ordered, I'm waiting for an opportunity to just buy it like a normal consumer - you know, with the standard protections and all. If I press that "Buy Now" button on Fxtec Pro homepage, it says 4-6 weeks to ship. Why am I not believing that?

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bennypr0fane For This Useful Post:
Posts: 269 | Thanked: 1,096 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hampshire, UK
This has been rehashed so many times I can't be bothered to even start.

However you look at it, to the best of my knowledge they've still shipped more open, hwkb phones this year than apple, samsung and huawei combined.

Those companies must have user forums, why don't you go over there and whine about them not shipping the device you want? They won't care, nothing will change, but at least you'll know that they have the resources so that they *could*, you know, if they gave a **** about what you want.

Or do you think that Chen & his colleagues could somehow make all of this better, but they just don't want to?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to epninety For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Oh yeah.

Do I need to make popcorn?

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by bennypr0fane View Post
not even refunds got to everyone.
That is just not true.
One might get the impression from guys asking about refund here instead at FX directly.
(And not reporting back here when it succeeded)
To my knowledge, everyone who wanted a refund, got it.
At least there is no indication of anyone complaining about not getting money back after refund request with FX Service.

Both started out as Kickstarter/Indiegogo campaigns, both successful
Good for us then that FX did no Crowdfunding but convinced some investor to back them.
Whole other situation imo.
Especially in this situation it is the difference of convincing few investors that a global lockdown is affecting shipment and not 1000 individual backers pointing out similarities with Youyota or Turing

/rumor
They asked current users for suggestions towards a next device indicating they might have had backing or at least planning beyond Proš early.
/rumor read from private/unofficial communication, sry FX if that was intended to be kept secret.

EDIT, oh they asked slightly related in public recently: Tweet1 Tweet2

Last edited by mosen; 2020-04-19 at 13:01.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by epninety View Post
However you look at it, to the best of my knowledge they've still shipped more open, hwkb phones this year than apple, samsung and huawei combined.
Duh, because nobody else in the world is making open, hwkb phones (if we're considering Cosmo Communicator not a phone).

Or do you think that Chen & his colleagues could somehow make all of this better, but they just don't want to?
I'm perfectly certain Chen & his colleagues are doing everything they can to make more phones and sell as many as possible. So did Jolla. But they might not succeed, right? I'm just saying I see a lot of common story points with devices that failed.

Last edited by bennypr0fane; 2020-04-19 at 17:08.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bennypr0fane For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
That is just not true.
One might get the impression from guys asking about refund here instead at FX directly.
(And not reporting back here when it succeeded)
To my knowledge, everyone who wanted a refund, got it.
At least there is no indication of anyone complaining about not getting money back after refund request with FX Service.
I meant that some backers of Turing phone and Jolla tablet were never refunded, not Fxtec Pro.

Good for us then that FX did no Crowdfunding but convinced some investor to back them.
Whole other situation imo.
You're right, I thought Fxtec had started out with a crowdfunding campaign, but they didn't, I must've read that wrong.
In fact, it says on this other website (it's in German) that for pre-orders your money only is transferred once the device starts shipping?? Is that true?

/rumor
They asked current users for suggestions towards a next device indicating they might have had backing or at least planning beyond Proš early.
/rumor read from private/unofficial communication, sry FX if that was intended to be kept secret.
Thanks for sharing.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bennypr0fane For This Useful Post:
But they might not succeed, right?
That was my thought when Chen announced that he's going to build a qwerty slider, and I was wrong.

With all delays, holidays, global crises, godzilla, etc.. F(x)tec is asking for improvement suggestions, for software and for hardware. I feel optimistic about this project and super curious about stuff to come.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to DDark For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
In fact, it says on this other website (it's in German) that for pre-orders your money only is transferred once the device starts shipping?? Is that true?
Not fully by the exact words in the outcome.
The honest try was to collect money only 6 weeks before shipment in august and then ship during sep/oct.
Now that sadly escalated with supply chain delays in septemper, production problems in november and chinese new year fading into lockdown.
Now sadly people that payed in august have not recieved anything yet.

For new orders i guess they will pull the money from your CC as soon as you order and "try" to deliver i 4-6 weeks.
I measure them on their self set goals only.
Now that they are confident to communicate more devices are produced currently, i wait if devices actually leave factory next week. If not it is worth to ask for reasons why they went of track imo.
But reading again it is also about shipment difficulties currently.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:

Tags
a good rabbit, fxtec, hwkbd, keyboard, livermorium, n950 revival, never gives up, qwerty, readyfx, silly rabbit